Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Third Gift



First, I owe you an apology for not keeping my promise. I was supposed to post this Thursday!

The third gift came from my daddy. I always get a beautiful card. This time, there was a check but it was facedown. Flipping it over, I expected no large sum but I was amazed! It was $250! I actually sat down.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I receive monetary gifts they aren't that large. Of course what's interesting is that my daddy knows about the windfall. Why did he send me this money? I began to think of all the possibilities for $250......a chair or curiosity from my favorite antique shop? Splurging on a pair of my favorite top end pair of shoes with money left over? More pots for my kitchen? A food processor (no, I don't have one)? A piece of jewelry? So many possibilities......Now, you know I could buy any of these things myself. But this present would come from my dad. Throughout the day, I thought of birthday checks and all the things I've gotten with them in the past. My paternal grandmother always sent checks. With my birthday so close to Christmas, many times I was cash strapped and bought my Christmas tree with it. I have my "budget" ornaments from the grocery store with paperclips fashioned as hangers. I keep those to remind myself of my days before the windfall. I think it's important to remember that. So, I haven't spent my check yet. What would you buy with $250?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger momzilla said...

I would try to buy something for myself that would remind me of the person who gave me the money.
For example my sister gave me a cabinet that she made to put tea in because she knows that I like different teas. If she had given me the money I would probably buy some tea and a nice fancy teapot too. Enjoy your gift from your Dad. V

12:27 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I'd buy my favorite perfume (which somehow always runs out around Christmas). My year-round scent would remind me of the person who gave me the money to buy the perfume in the first place.

With the money left over, I'd get books, DVDs or music I've been noting all year that I'd like to read, see or hear to relax me. Again, in my free time I'd think of that wonderful person who "bought" these for me.

Happy Holidays!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I would put it toward hardwood floors for my house. :)

6:45 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

two fillings, or half a gold crown for my mouth

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything I can think of is too embarrassing to say. Interesting question. Cool Daddy. *sigh*

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated BD!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated BD!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker