Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Back......



Hi y'all. I've been gone almost a whole month. I really didn't intend on it; it just happened. August up to now has been a rough time. Suffice it to say that health scares, deaths, car accidents and tragedies have been the themes for these three months. As you may have read, I've been struggling to find peace. I am still having my ups and downs (like everyone else) and my depression has been stalking me. I've tried running away from it with trips, shopping, but it hasn't really budged. I wonder? Have I had this all my life and I didn't know it? Was all that anxiety really depression? The worst part about depression is that I've been feeling extraordinarily lonely. I finally confessed to two of my friends. We're supposed to have lunch. Yeah. Lunch. When I have the energy. It's a start. It's a start.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back WF, I missed your writings! I've ridden the depression rollercoaster before in my younger days and I know firsthand how incapacitating it can be. I also now know it was due to severe hormone imbalances. You might want to check into that. Good luck. With some work you can get off of that blue treadmill!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Hi WFW! I'm glad you popped in the ole blogosphere and gave us a smile. I'm rooting for you to find your peace soon.

I recently read a post at Dooce.com (who suffers from depression) which linked to this article "Hell and Back". It was an eye-opener for those who don't know anything about what it's like and how we can help people we care about who go through depression. I don't know if this helps, but I know depression is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Please look into this and take care of yourself always!
Many hugs, FW (Athena)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Windfall! Always remember that the bad days are what make the good days sweeter. If you have been suffering over two or three weeks of depression at a time, It's time to see the doctor. There is so much we don't know about our minds and how the chemicals work in our brains. Going to the doctor for depression or any other ailement is something that no one should be ashamed of. It's not your fault if you are depressed.

I may catch some flak for sugesting you see a doctor. I see doctors at the V.A. for similar ailements myself. They are not always 100% efective and the can't magically make you O.K. overnite. But they can give you some hope and a fighting chance to beat that depression.

Fair well my friend, Know I care.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I have missed your insightful postings.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the lunch.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't have ever dragged myself through this sea of calamity and managed multiple simultaneous jobs without Wellbutrin. I tried the SSRIs first and they helped, but Wellbutrin made the big difference. Now there's Cymbalta, which is a combination of both kinds. Everybody was right to suggest you talk to your doc. I am also a big believer in psychotherapy (*Sophmom ducks from Tom Cruise*). There are good people out there who went to graduate school to understand how we can best choose to observe and modify our own behavior. We would never consider not taking our car to the mechanic. Why do we hesitate to take care of our inner being?

Peace, darlin'. I'm pretty sure that easy isn't always the best for us.

9:50 AM  
Blogger ardi k said...

love u still

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know much about therapy and drugs or what works for one may not work for another....

there is a website you can visit that will connect you to other women...their stories about their battles with depression might help you and lend you support

I found them when I was in my downward spiral....I am available to talk if you ever want....even though you dont know me.

here is the website:
http://www.comfortcafe.net

blessings
donna

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker