Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Update on My Mom and Cancer



You may wonder where I've been. My mom had surgery early on Friday morning. I spent the night with her that night. I went back on Saturday night, and then Sunday afternoon. I went late yesterday evening too. I was there at 8:30 am this morning until she was discharged at 1pm. I got her settled at home and was at home by 3pm. I caught a cold from the air conditioning blowing on me at the hospital. She is doing great. They got all the cancer. The worst part was when they rolled her away to surgery. I hated waiting. I was so scared waiting for her to come back from recovery. (I wasn't cut out to be a nurse in case you haven't noticed.) They brought her back, and she was very pale. Her skin was waxy. I held her hand a very very long time. I told her I loved her. She told me that she loved me more than anyone in the world. I couldn't say it back. I felt so guilty. I couldn't lie. I'm sure she didn't notice because of all the drugs. I could only say I love you. That just has to be enough now.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

its enough.
know that we will be praying for your mom. it is going to be alright.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi windy! I'm sorry about your mom! I know that you couldn't tell her that especially if you love someone else...your little puppy! tee hee

Moogularina-Moogsadoodadoo
(Some sort of nickname my young momma said this morning {?})

10:27 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

I love you - the 3 most powerful and healing words known to man...
Prayers for you and your mother, dear one.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

So glad they got it all...please take care and know she is in our prayers.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW, she's not going to remember what you said in recovery, but she will remember your staying there with her. I'm glad they got it all.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: glad to hear your mom's on the mend. Boyoboyoboy is she every lucky to have you. Sounds like she doesn't deserve it but in life there are the "givers" and the "takers." I guess if we didn't have the latter we wouldn't really appreciate the former. That still doesn't make it right, though. You know, people are a lot like chickens - some get pecked on, others do the pecking and then others just mind their own business. Speaking of getting pecked on - some jerk backed into my truck and now is avoiding paying for the damage. Serves me right for letting him drive away after he told me, "I'll call you to arrange getting it fixed." That was three weeks ago. Maybe he needs a load of you know what dumped on his driveway. I'm going to call him again right now. Old Baldy

11:11 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am glad she made it through the surgery and I hope she makes a speedy recovery..
I am sure it meant the world to her that you were by her side.
I hope you recover from the cold quickly.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

2:08 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery and sending you good vibes!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Babe, Remember love is like a seed. It starts out small and grows untill one day it becomes a flower, sweet to smell. If you could only say "I Love You" and be there for her, it is enough.

12:51 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

stil praying for you and your mom.
My son is feeling better, Thank the good Lord!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker