Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Cowboy



My daddy sent me this text in an email. I thought it was worth posting.

*************

One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn Bible.

The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed in expensive clothes and accessories.

As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back here again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate attire for worship." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged Jeans, shirt, boots, hat and Bible. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the man and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church." "I did." replied the old cowboy.

"If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be for worshiping here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear. He said He'd never been in this church!"

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

where is that from?

12:51 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I love the picture!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

1:29 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Wonderful story!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I only saw the picture on my last visit..
I loved the story...
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

4:56 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

good story (raggedy has a weird hat!)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I like my hat..
pffffffffffft at David..hahaha

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS :

HIYA BLONDIE ,,

I SEE YOUR BETTER ,,

AND THERES PASSAGES,,

THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREAT ONES YOUVE POSTED ,,
(AS A STORY TOLD BY SOMEONE ELSE)


KEEP STRONG FREIND,,,MOUCH=Z=

5:40 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

time to hit us with a new one

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in a fancy Buckhead Episcopal church. One of the things I liked (among many I did not) about the smaller (not Buckhead) Catholic parishes where we raised our kids is that no one cared what you wore, as long as you were there. Jeans were fine. How could anyone think God cared what someone was wearing? Just missing the point completely. Nice post, WFW.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Wholesale volvo parts Harlingen texas time share resales Plastic surgeons in salem the witch of blackberry pond Meridia Mathematics of gambling

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker