Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

A small dinner party

Amazingly, my mother hosted a small dinner party last night. The food was really good! I was almost a little surprised -- not because she's not a cook - just that she's out of practice. I sent into the kitchen "behind the scenes." Bless her heart; she has pots and pans that I remember as a child. I'm debating buying her a new set, but I wonder if she holds onto those things somehow clinging to the past. It really was a lovely dinner. My mother is full of surprises.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

How nice. I like my old pots. I like what is familiar. It sounds like you had a lovely dinner.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
*

12:31 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

my mom's cooking has changed and yes I think it is from lack of practice, fortunately she passed on her kitchen skills - and i will pass them on to the next generation.

2:37 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

look at raggedy in her red white and blue, are we doing a july 4th post here tmo?

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: pots and pans reminds me of the time I took my daughter to visit my mother. The little tyke went into the kitchen and would bang the pots and pans, moving them from one place in the cupboard to another and as soon as she accomplished it she would bang the doors of the cupboard closed. Then she would wait a few minutes and repeat the process - at the end always bang the cupboard doors closed. My mom and I were really amused by all her energy - she was the cutest little girl I have ever seen. Old Baldy

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh. Some of us old gals still have a few tricks left in us! Good for WFMom! :)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker