Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Something sweet

Ever find out something really sweet? Quite by accident, I found out that my mother still says a blessing before every meal. Most of you won't find that unusual. In my world, people seem to have lost the habit of thanking God for their nourishment. It turns out my mother has not. In fact, her exact words were, "Thank you God for my Sugar Pops for breakfast."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is someone listening at the other end, He/She? might never have heard that line before.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Amen. That was a beautiful post.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
*

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: As a kid I went to the Methodist church and later the Presbyterian church. I went because I had to but I loved to hear my mother sing hymnals (in the congregation not the choir). She had a wonderful voice; melodious and very strong. I was so proud when I looked around because she clearly had the strongest voice in the place - and so beautiful. As I grew older I started questioning religion because it seemed to be the biggest cause (not the only one but the biggest) of violence in the world. I really don't know where God fits into all of this - I know there must have been a creator of the universe but I wonder if he/she/it expects thanks for good things but if so shouldn't he/she/it be castigated for all the bad?? Here I am waxing poetically when I should be out there tending to my chickens. Obviously you are a wonderful daughter to your folks. They should be proud of you. Old Baldy

2:30 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

even I had gotten out of the habit - thank your mom for the reminder - God provides, we need to give thanks.

7:06 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

We still say grace, for it is by His grace that we have food upon the table...

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker