Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Thank you.......the grief continues

First, I would be terribly remiss if I did not say a heartfelt thank you for all of your support. It really DOES make a difference. My cousin's visitation is Thursday, and the funeral is Friday. I know it sounds strange that I would equate my cousin's death with my dog's, but I do. Last night, the reality of Balto's death hit me again with such force that I thought I was going to be sick. I'm still in shock. Is it possible to live out your life in shock?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

I may not have lived for very long (I don't think 18 years is long) but I understand that shocked feeling. When my grandmother (the only grandparent I knew) passed on, I was so shocked (no one saw it coming) I couldn't even cry (not for some time). But somehow I guess, you'll learn to move on. Windfall Woman, you're a strong woman, and that is evident. Hang in there, alright? Sending you lots of regards and hugs. I'll be praying for you.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog. I'm sorry for your loss.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I think those shocks of life come and go...but you don't live your entire life that way. Those shocks are what makes life what it is...the good and the bad ones. We need all of them. Hang in there.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yes, it's possible.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I'm coming by your way from steelcowboy's. I'm so sorry to read about your loss. A death in the family is always tough but this one under the circumstances must be the hardest. Speaking on a personal level from the death of someone extremely close to me and finding his body, I know full well the agony of shock and how long it takes to recover from. With the good lord's help I have managed. My prayers will be strong for you and your entire family.

12:17 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Steel Cowboy sent me over to visit. I'm so sorry about your cousin's death. Keep the faith. ^j^

3:54 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I came over from Steel's place. I am sorry to hear about your loss. If you see a mail with Raggedy as a sender that is me. Hugsssssssss

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker