Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Not a good week for the animals


This week sure has not been a good one for the animal kingdom. I am so glad I missed the Preakness yesterday. I don't know what I would have done if I had seen poor Barbaro pull up yesterday. When I was a teenager, I had a horse. You may think that a horse isn't as lovable as a dog, but they have personalities too. I loved Barbaro. I had him picked as a Triple Crown Winner. He loved to race, and he loved to win. You could tell it watching him on the track. In fact, yesterday, apparently, he bumped the gate trying to get out which did not lead to his injury. I am so hoping they can save him. A broken leg in two places is not good for a horse. He has been taken to the top equine center at the University of Pennsylvania. I'll be praying for him. My Balto wasn't prospective Triple Crown Winner, even though he was a registered AKC dog, he never would have won a dog show. All he really wanted was to be loved........and that he was.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

i have a dog costume ready, for when you want canine company

11:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

I am so sorry to hear about Balto. My heart hurts for you.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW your tenderness is obvious. I share your concerns. Time heals all pain. Old Baldy

1:41 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I hope you're holding out OK. Be well.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker