Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Overwhelmed and Stressed.......

Here's my life right now. Why I haven't been posting regularly. Boiling pots all over the stove. Sometimes I feel as though I am so losing it. I am so way overcommitted. It's wrong. Life shouldn't be like this. Even without a windfall. I've got to divest myself of some of the responsibilities and pressures I am under right now. I am going to get through May (the worst month) and then I am going to choose very carefully my responsibilities and volunteerism in September. I will be assessing life. In the meantime, I begin my belly dancing lessons today. Maybe that will help.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me how you like that belly dancing since I am thinking about taking it up myself. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a man doing belly dancing. But you should have seen all the dancing I did last week when that spider bit me. I was doing a regular hoochee coochee.

I know it is easy to say coming from a chicken farmer who has to feed, water, collect eggs, etc. and do it daily (usually twice or so daily) but don't sweat the bitty stuff, take care of yourself, love yourself (in fact why don't you try that right now - put both arms around yourself and say - "I love myself and lots of other people do too.")

Lots of hugs from spider bitten Old Baldy

11:14 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

You have to learn to say no!

Or, if, given your windfall, you don't have to work - then use your time doing the things you really love to do. It sounds to me like the things you love to do are volunteering and making a difference in people's lives.

I find that working makes a difference in my company's pocketbook. That's about it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

At times I think the word NO is the most difficult one word to say but also it is one that can cause the most problems for us if we do not have a handle on it and know when to use....Here is to you and the word NO become better acquainted with it and use it. :)

Sending you lots of hugs

8:08 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

you really CAN afford to relax. please do it. all of us who can not are trying to figure you out, and having no luck. Go to Bermuda for a week, fergawdsakes!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hang in there!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Hopefully, the belly dancing will help relieve the stress of your overcommitted schedule. Be well!
:-)

4:00 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Here's my birthday blogroll wish for you...that the stress calms down and you get a break soon!! You deserve it!!!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling darlin'. I'm draggin'. How's your mom?

5:59 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

Yeah. I guess it's everywhere. I'm feeling it too & bloggin' less--just trying to keep my head above water.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Just stopping by to check on you, hope you are having a nice weekend. Please take care of you, my friend.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker