Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Uh oh.......Tuesday Afternoon

Can you guess what happened to me yesterday? Yep. I was headed to an appointment and not even in a rush. I'm at a stop sign on a hill looking to turn right onto a busy road from a "not busy" one. The lady in front of me is turning right and takes off. I look to the left to see if the coast is clear. It is....I'm not even sure if I DO move but suddenly her car is in my front bumper. Not even a JOLT! Did she roll back? Why did she stop or not go? How could I not have even felt a bump? I get out. She's on the phone. I look at her car -- it is SMASHED IN! It's a red Ford Focus, and I drive a light colored vehicle. I have NO DAMAGE at all. No red paint. I ask her if she is all right. I ask her, "Have you had an accident before?" Because I know there is no way I've done that damage to her car. She says, "I speak little English." She says "Phone number." So I give her my business card with my insurance company and policy number on it. Suddenly, she takes off FAST after being on the phone. I don't have her name, her phone number. No police were contacted. I call my insurance company, and they tell me there is no need for a police report because the other person has left! I figure she has no drivers' license and/or no insurance and there may be an immigration issue. The day passes, and I hear nothing. On my cell phone last night, a message. A perfectly English speaking man says, "WFW.....my name is Bruno and you hit my mother's car yesterday. Please call me."

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a drag but at least no one was hurt.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

No paint on your car, no good English, takes off immediately after getting your phone? Then a "son" calls saying that you hit his mother's car? Hm, branedy may have a point, sounds like a scam.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I would call your insurance company back again and tell them you DO want this handled...I think it's a scam too and make sure you get pictures of your car today so that it's dated.

Good luck. I agree, it sounds like a scam.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do this:
1. take a picture now of the front of your car and date it.
2. write down what happened and date it.
3. call your insurance company and let them handle it. Don't talk to Bruno - let the insurance company do the talking.

Not to worry - no one was hurt (at least Bruno's "mother" hasn't claimed she was hurt).

Chalk it up as a pain in the b--- and go on with your life.

You didn't say u needed any hugs - but just in case - here are two (1) hug and (2) hug. Old Baldy

1:54 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Sounds like a scam alright. I hope the insurance agrees.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I think you have been given very good advice by Old Baldy. I hope you are not being set up for a scam but better to be prepared than sorry at a later time. Better to be inconvienced now that suffer later when you things are not fresh in your mind because if they do plan to set you up then you can bet these people are very good for at it.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my gut instinct: Mom got home and told the son about the accident, and he, being used to advocating for his immigrant mother, took the number to call you and see WTF happened to her back bumper, which she probably did all by herownself.

But I would recommend CYA anyway, and havethe insurance company call him back. Gotta protect the windfall.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Windfall I am online with everybody else on this one. It just don't add up. I would contact your insurance company again or a lawyer. You have no buisness speaking to these people even if something did happen. Protect yourself. unfortunatly in this day and age you have to be that way. This is not the time for you to be good and try and resolve this yourself. Tell your dad about it and get his opinion. I am betting he will say the same thing.

How 'bout a hug darlin'? please protect yourself ok?

1:27 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

call the police

11:24 AM  
Blogger phoenix said...

SCAM!! Major scam gf!! Call your lawyer and tell him now!

6:53 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:57 PM  
Blogger momzilla said...

I agree with David CALL THE POLICE!They will be able to tell you if you are being scamed and give them the number of the son....they can call him istead of you....

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Sorry, sounds like a scam to me to. Insurence company and the police...pronto

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker