Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Friday at the Art Gallery

What a wonderful way to spend a Friday afternoon! My co-leader and I took our Cadette Girl Scout troop (all seven!) to our friend's art gallery. She gave them a mini art history lesson, talked to them about how to promote a business (i.e. art gallery), etc. She had even made them chocolate chip cookies! They really enjoyed themselves. I found myself wanting to sink into a chair in one of the rooms........look at the art, maybe drink a glass of wine ( I rarely drink) and just relax. The painting on the left was by the artist I liked the best. This artist paints nests and eggs. I love this. It is almost like the nest is outstretched toward God and heaven.

6 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

You are right... that painting is peaceful and beautiful! Glad you had a great day!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

That is a beautiful painting. Have a great weekend.

11:24 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

It sounds like you do lots of fun stuff with that girl scout troop!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of times I have been trimming bushes and accidentally come upon a bird's nest containing small and delicate eggs. I also wondered about the beauty of those occasions. Old Baldy

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of times I have been trimming bushes and accidentally come upon a bird's nest containing small and delicate eggs. I also wondered about the beauty of those occasions. Old Baldy

5:36 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I agree. That is a very beautiful painting. I look at it as a harbinger of spring for real. Funny you should post it at about the same time the trees are starting to bud here in New England.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker