Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Beautiful Day



It was a beautiful day today! No calls awakening me today. Gorgeous outside.......crisp but gorgeous. I had a nice dinner at home courtesy of my friend Barney who dropped by. We had some delicious strawberries. My daddy always says the best strawberries come from Watsonville, CA. Barney had already checked, and they were from Watsonville! We had a nice smile over that! Yesterday, heading to Blockbuster, I saw a lone mom and daughter selling - yes, you guessed it - Girl Scout cookies outside. I could NOT pass them by. Poor girl was the only one from her troop selling at their booth sale as they were all at a Soccer tournament. I bought five boxes. They were ecstatic.....and they were both freezing. Buy some cookies! I'm already running out of Thin Mints.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've eaten way more than my share of GSCs this particular season. It's been pleasurable but it must stop sometime! Have a great week, WFW!

9:06 AM  
Blogger K said...

What an amazing picture. I'm sighing just looking at it.

1:56 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

did you need help eating all those cookies?

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, yep - it is the berry time of the year. Had some great berries the last couple of days of both the 'straw and 'blue varieties. Made blueberry pancakes Sunday and ate six of 'em. Lasted me all day until dinner. What a beautiful picture - looks like a lake. Got to go mail a letter and go to the bank. Old Baldy

12:15 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

yummmm now I have this serious craving for strawberries. Hope you have a great day!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I love thin mints!! I came via Joe Cool. Hope you are having a great day.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Terry aka Funky said...

Came vie Joe's blog as well nice spot you have here !

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Sounds like it was a good day.
BTW,
You've been Tagged!

http://jodaya.blogspot.com/2006/03/beentaggeditis.html

5:42 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Did somebody say Girl Scout cookies? I liked your song over at Joe's ^j^

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, Thin Mints! We got ours a couple of months ago and of course they are all gone now!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker