Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What's a Girl to Do?


Blogger.....you are driving me crazy! I have had such a frustrating time posting. I sure didn't hit a windfall with the blogspot server I reside on! (Yes, yes, I am ending a sentence with a preposition.) It is tiring to keep trying to post to be told the website isn't working. I MISS Y'ALL. Speaking of tiring, I think I reported that I am now spending the money on a REAL manicurist. I had some gel nails put on and I must say my hands look fantastic. Of course, they look fantastic until the manicurist gets sick and can't do your touch-up and then you tear ligaments in your foot and can't get to the makeup appointment. Then one of the lovely nails breaks, goes into the quick and.....crap it hurts. Luckily I have good pain medication for the foot that fends off headaches and nail breakage. Speaking of the pain medication, it is almost frightening how fast I go "down for the count" after taking it. I mean I feel almost unrousable. And I don't have pleasant dreams either. I can see why people get hooked on drugs -- to avoid physical and mental pain. But man, it is NOT worth it. On the plus side, the facials and new skin regimen have my face looking like a 20 year old! Some things ARE worth it. Some things ARE a PAIN.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Yea, I seem to be on that same server. Hence my looking to move to something else more manageable.

Hope your week gets much better! You will love those nails until it is time to take them off and you have no real nail left underneath. I wish you luck and am jealous over the facials! Never had one LOL!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Server problems are a real pain, as are real pain problems...

9:19 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

W/W -

I may not be as blessed as some with a windfall to spend at my discretion, but ... there are some things that I will not do without ...

* daily Clinique skin care regime (morning & evening)
* weekly salon manicures
* twice monthly salon pedicures
* monthly spa deep tissue massages
* every 6 weeks salon hair trimmed
* every 6 months (6-week sessions) spa dermabrasion

You should DEFINITELY continue to be good to yourself!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could do with some of that (to both WW and Kitty). Wow. The good thing about going without manicures is that it's no big deal when you break a nail.

WW, I hope things improve.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WFW: sorry to hear about all your travails. I sure need your upbeat postings to help me get my days right. I know that can't always happen so I guess we just take the bitter with the sweet. Who do you hope wins the NCAA basketball tournament. I should be for Duke but I ain't. I think I'll fix me a six egg omelete with some of the freshest eggs around. Old Baldy

5:56 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Lately I've been pressing "Publish Index Only" it seems to move Blogger along smoothly.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker