Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Best Banana Pudding

Guess what I'm baking today? Banana Pudding. I have a special request, so I have to -- not that I MIND. I usually use the one on the back of the Nilla Wafer box, but last night for kicks, I googled banana pudding recipes. Goodness gracious! There are LOADS of them! A Texas cookbook claims it has the BEST banana pudding with the added BONUS that it can teach me to cook like a REAL Texan. Southern Living magazine has great recipes, and it boasts the ones above. (The Texas cookbook didn't SHOW theirs online.) I am seriously considering the one on the left because it still uses the Nilla wafers but also uses blueberries in it too! YUMMMMY. I may just revert to the Nilla box one. At any rate, come this afternoon, I will have a cooked banana pudding! Have a SWEET day!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

My dad was the best cook...he made the best banana pudding. I can remember when I was a little girl, helping him...it was always my job to stir the pudding on the stove top, continuously, until he said it was thick enough. It always seemed like my arm was going to fall off. But it was delicious!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good. How can I download it?

10:15 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

"come this afternoon"
but you failed to send me your address!
so I may be late....

4:26 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

As a Texan, I have to tell you about my family’s banana Pudding.

It aint really Banana Pudding. It is Vanilla Pudding parfait layered with sliced bananas and nilla wafers. My great grandmother made it when I was young. Now my Daddy makes it. It is beyond awesome. I have a food critic friend who calls it, “The ambrosia of the gods.”

Tonight, I made ice cream. Yum.

First tip. When following Texas recipes, always use La Vencedora Vanilla. You can find it at your local Mexican mercado. Or if you have to at this link. I can’t tell you how big of a difference it makes.

Second tip. Try to get your hands on Texas Burkett Pecans. The market is full of flavorless Pecans. Use them one time and you will never go back to walnuts or leaving out the nuts. We get them from our yard but you can mail order them from this link.

You inspired me to do a post. I’ll let you know when I post it.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Sounds yummy. I've never made it but plan too (the pudding's photo is too seducing to resist)!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Thats some good eating. Bet it will be gone quick.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

That was ME that requested the banana pudding, right? Um, you believe me, right? :)

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think blueberries in BP sound yummy. Let us know which one you ended up making and how it turned out. Yummm!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Oh my, is cooking and baking contageous today? Yours is the fourth blog with not only pictures of dessert treats, but descriptions of them. Salivating and having my stomach grumble while trying to catch up on my Blogroll reading isn't exactly comfortable. After this, I'm heading to the kitchen to fetch a KLondike Bar!

10:08 PM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

I want some banana pudding! Can I have some, please??? *Bats eyelids* Sounds absolutely delicious. If only I had the aptitude for cooking....

9:24 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

I suspect you have a love interest, and that is why your blog languishes here with nary a post for days..... tell me it isn't so!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker