Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Walk the Line........and Oscars

As tired as I was, I kept my eyes pried open until I could see the Best Actress category. I wanted Reese Witherspoon to win really bad. I wanted Joaquin Phoenix too as well but I knew that was a lost cause. If you haven't seen this movie, you should! If you don't know country music and their artists, you may be in for an awakening when you see June Carter giving her copy of The Prophet to Johnny Cash. I loved what June Carter used to say, "I'm just trying to matter." Maybe that should be WFW's motto......I'm just trying to matter too June.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w/you that Phoenix was excellent, as was Witherspoon.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that was the single best line uttered last night, and it was stuck in my head this morning. Me too.

1:11 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

im going to see the movie - i am glad it got something

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved her acceptance speech. And I was just proud that she was representin' the Southern gals. (Leah is throwin' gang signs as she types this.)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'll throw some gang signs too. I loved her speech, she made me cry. I think it was more the look of pride her Mom and her hubby had on their faces though.
They really are a cute little Hollywood family.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I recently saw Walk The Line and I thought Witherspoon & Phoenix were terrific. I'm glad Reese received recognition for her performance. I didn't watch the Awards, but saw all the buzz about them yesterday. She makes us Southern gals proud!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I think most of your readers would agree with me - you matter.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I just saw the movie a couple of nights ago on DVD--awesome. I'm glad R.W. won and I do wish J.P. had also because they both made the movie magic.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Easy for you to Say said...

I really wanted Joaquin to win too. I knew that Phillp Seymour Hoffman was going to win but I was hoping for an upset. Joaquin was the heart and soul of the film. btw, I'm a big William Macy fan too.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker