Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Relief


RELIEF.......In one of my comments, David said, "You sound really stressed out." And I was. I couldn't get over it. I'm usually so good at presentations. I was so prepared. I don't know when I've been so nervous!

Nevertheless, I stood up in front of my team and my management and the words just flowed. I was ready. I hit the groove. I looked calm. I looked like I knew what I was doing. And even better, I realized I DID and DO know what I'm doing.

Let me tell you folks, I didn't stand there thinking, "I don't have to be up here; I'm Windfall Woman and I don't need this money." But I DID need to know I could do it. I DID need to know that I could triumph over my anxiety and fear. I DID need to know that I not only know what I'm doing but I am DAMN good at it. That's what all of us need sometimes - to test our mettle and know what we are really made of - and to know that we are all DAMN good at something. You are DAMN good at something. Celebrate it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

You're so right. Nothing like a sense of accomplishment to lift one's spirits!

2:34 AM  
Blogger David said...

Good for you girl - you did hit your groove. I am a firm believer that if you are not a little nervous (or stressed) at a big presentation, test, whatever, then you are over confident. Those things that test us do make us better. Good job.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

In my previous job in management before I was exiled I used to give many presentations. I miss that too. Now I'm just another employee number pushing paperwork.

Glad you nailed.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, WFW. We knew you had it in you.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed not seeing any new entries on your blog but now I see why! Let me judge your accomplishment by - as we say in the chicken business - that was a triple-yolker (and you don't see many of them). I was sure you had the grits in you to go get it and you did!!! Nobody can top you when you get yourself ready - I can just tell from what you write. Great accomplishment. Old Baldy

10:31 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

You are doing well my friend! *High Five*

1:20 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Congrats!! So glad you made it through and with flying colors to boot! ;-)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker