Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Exhaustion


Put some blonde hair on this woman and you've got me. All the stress and preparation.....early mornings, late nights, no breaks......and I'm done in. My throat is getting scratchy and I refuse to get sick. I feel as though I could sleep for days. I had to remove someone from my team today. I hate like heck having to do that. He's not fired......consider it "group incapability." He's one of those - "it's not my job." I don't have room for that in my sphere. Plus our customer said, get him off. So he's gone. That's how I ended the day. Headed to a meeting, it got postphoned two hours when I was almost there. I was so mad I could have spit. But it's raining and to drive back home - no way. So I took dinner to a senior friend of mine. She's connected to my family in an odd sort of way. Frankly, she drives me crazy. I know; I'm awful aren't I? But I knew she needed food and drink - so I took it over. Bless her heart, she's over 70 and trying to look 40. It's a bit .....well....I won't say it. Poor thing was so lonely, she talked my ear off. And of course, today I had been on conference call after call today. She even followed me down the stairs still chatting as I had to leave. Traffic sucks in the rain. I have to go BACK to my customer's location tommorrow and I know I'll hear about the team member I had to replace. I am going to come home and crawl in the bed after that. I haven't checked my blackberry to see if I can REALLY do that but it is my PLAN. I can't wait for the weekend. I'm sooo ready. No plans, no work, no presentations. Thank you all for your support. I love you all.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger ardi k said...

Do take care.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Sounds rough. I hope that sore throat doesn't get the best of you.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Windfall, I know that I am not practicing what I preach with what I am about to say but, Take care of yourself if you start getting sick. If not you might end up in the fix I am in right now or worse. I woulden't wanna hear my windfall is takin all kindsa antibiotics and trips to the doc and able to do nothing much but sleep cause thats all her body will allow her to do. Believe me it is better to be able to "choose" to rest and sleep rather than "have" to rest and sleep cause you are really ill.

12:04 AM  
Blogger David said...

First hope you are feeling better. Yes some people are not team players - they never stuck around with me very long. Be nice to the old lady trying to stay young. Some of us know how that feels and hopefully some day in the not to distant future you will as well (time does fly). LOL.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Busy!
All work and no play makes Windfall Woman a dull girl.
Let loose this weekend, ok?

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ardi, I will take care. Fwriter, you are a stitch! They'd make a perfect pair. Darlene, thanks for the well wishes. Cornbread, I hope you feel better. Thanks for the advice Joe R. David, I promise I try to stay nice. Jodi, letting loose will be watching movies and sleeping!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

You need a break soon, and I hope you get one this weekend. :)
And you were an angel for talking to the older lady...you'll be blessed for it. :)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready for this weekend too. This has been a bear of a week. I'm just glad it's stopped raining. Take care. You're sweet to take care of your friends, and especially to include old ones who're trying to stay young. I liked f'writer's solution too. It's... almost... Friday! :D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Firing people sucks. The alternative is accepting mediocrity--which SUCKS DONKEYS.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown," as The Bard would say.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me tired just reading about it.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker