Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I can't believe it?



I can't believe it. I simply can't. First, Felicity Huffman, one of the stars of TV's Desperate Housewives, wins an Emmy. Next, she arduously studies to portray a transsexual in the movie Transamerica. She does so well -- she gets nominated for an Academy Award. Not only that, she almost knocks off my girl Reese Witherspoon! Add to all that - she's married to a fabulous character actor - William H. Macy - and they have at least two kids. I'm teetering of the edge of "suspended disbelief." But - this morning, I sign on to AOL - and NOW - I can't believe it - Felicity is now an AOL Life Coach! Does she SLEEP? LOL.....All of this reminds me of a time in my former company when I had a hugely successful year, I kept getting awards and nominated for everything. One of my mentors told me that she heard an executive say, "WFW is just overexposed." No, he didn't mean I was racy, indecent. He was just sick of hearing my name. It really hurt my feelings at the time, and I couldn't understand it. So, I'm not going to say the word "overexposed;" I'm just going to say "I can't believe it."

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

She is one of my favorite actresses - from the old show about sports. And I did not know she was married to Macy - I do like him as well.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I'm a huge Felicity Huffman (and William H. Macy) fan! They are just such a down-to-earth couple. And, she's just so talented in so many areas (as is he).

The first time I ever saw her was many years ago in a HBO or Showtime series on couples (I can't recall the title), where the scenes switched from vignette to vignette throughout the show, with ongoing storylines week to week. Felicity's character was 1/2 of a lesbian couple. She was fabulous.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does an AOL life coach do? Should I switch back to AOL?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I bet you'd pick a better gown for the Oscars, than Felicity did.
:-)

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker