Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bewildered.........


Wow, I can't believe it's taken me this long to post! On Thursday, I had something really weird happen. I'm not proud of it actually. I stopped in to my optician's to get my glasses adjusted and my contacted cleaned. I usually don't have to wait, but they were busy. I sat down as some man was explaining that he needed $3000 worth of sunglasses for a movie he was involved in somehow. The opticians weren't quite buying it. I had a conference call so I had to run home. I realized I had the time wrong so about a half an hour later, I'm back at the optician's. Everyone was still there and a woman with a child had walked in ahead of me. DRAT! It was a circus; obviously, the movie man's credit cardS (yes plural) had been declined. He was pretty slick. He made a big show of calling the "producer's office." First, he was going to provide an American Express number; then he decided on a check. I had very strange vibes. In the midst of this, the child began pulling umbrellas out of the stand and waving them around wildly. "Movie Man" turns out to have "Movie Woman" sitting on the sofa waiting for him. Let me say -- neither of them look like "Movie People" -- whatever that is. I turned my attention from the "Movie People" to the "Incredibly Misbehaving Child" or "IMC." IMC, perhaps tuning into the weird vibes in the room, began to mutter loudly and became very disruptive. I then focused my attention on the mother who seem to be one of those who said "No" but really don't mean it. I studied her when suddenly I realized that I KNEW her. She was my best friend in high school who had suddenly began ignoring my emails and cards after we graduated. I couldn't believe how she looked! Not at all like the girl who was in beauty pageants, etc. At the precise moment, I realized who she was, I realized that her son was not .....typical.......He became louder and louder. Movie Man was too walking around talking on his cell phone arranging for "a check to be driven over." I looked over at IMC as his mother/my ex-friend was having to remove his contacts for him. He lightly screamed out. Finally it was my turn, and I opted to stay quiet. I didn't stay hello to my (ex?)friend. She looked as though her hands were full. Besides, she had cut off communications with me. Why? I left.......and I felt strange and sad. In an odd turn of events, yesterday, I had an argument with a family member on the subject of friends. It cut. It especially cut knowing what had happened on Thursday. He apologized fairly soon afterward. It didn't matter though, because I know I'm a good friend. I know my friends love me. I don't need anyone to tell me that. I just wasn't such a good friend in my past. Maybe the past just belongs in the past. Maybe all we can do is go forward and make things right with present and do the best you can with the people in your life now.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Easy for you to Say said...

Well that was weird. Are you sure M. Night Shyamalan or David Lynch weren’t hiding in the corners.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the moon full? It sounds like your (ex?)friend may have a special needs child. It can be quite a ride. I'm sorry that the situation wasn't appropriate for you to talk with her. It sounds like quite the zoo.

100, I think Shyamalan is so totally HOT!! ;D

11:05 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I don't know...sometimes normal kids who have way too much sugar can be an IMC. LOL She could've just picked him up from Grandma's. I know my mother is guilty of sugaring up my kid.
Anyhow, It's sad that your old classmate can dismiss friends so easily. You do seem like a great friend.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Wisdom is gained thru expierince sometimes. I think you made the wise choice given the situation you were in. As far as the past goes, we all have one. Some of my past would make your hairs stand up on end. Is that who I am today? No only a distant part of me now that I can't erase. People grow and change. We are constantly changing. What matters most is if we are changing for the better.

Here's some Cornbread luv your way, and a BIG ol' hug too!

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad I get my glasses at the CVS.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....you built me up so high...i seriously thought you were about to tell me that movie-man and your ex-friend were in cahoots with a bogus child to steal sunglasses....and they got caught trying to shoplift stuff.

Drat! I need the finale on that guy!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker