Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 17, 2006

Yes, There is Someone

I have a received a couple of emails and comments wondering where I've been and if it is because I have a new man in my life. Well, in a manner of speaking, I have had a "new-ish" man in my life. "New-ish" because he arrived here on Monday and didn't leave until yesterday. He's my daddy. He lives about eight hours away via car. But, he's really not new in my life. They say there is nothing like a father-daughter relationship. I have always idolized my daddy. He was brought up in a single parent as the baby. But, he was NEVER a baby. He started working as a little boy riding with the milkman delivering the bottles to the doors. He got a nickel for it and all the milk he could drink. He worked his entire life doing really hard work. He didn't even have a bed growing up -- he slept on inner tubes. He went to college on sports scholarships. He was in the army and invited to OCS. He opted to work for the Post Office and moved rapidly up the ranks. I still remember his offices (with a door). I made a hideous pencil cup for him from an orange juice can with red paper and orange bird stickers on it. He still has it. Everyone says I look just like him -- blonde hair and green eyes. I take that as a compliment. He has a wonderful personality and a great sense of humor. Everyone says I have his personality too. I don't know. He worked his (pardon me) ass off his entire life, and people say I have done the same. I'm sure I take after him with that. There are people who might say that he does not have enough to show for all his hard work, but they are wrong. He went from having nothing to having quite a bit. He's been a college professor, a Regional Manager, an author......but most of all, he has a daughter that loves him as much as anything in the world. As I've said before, money can't buy happiness. And it can't buy love either.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Um...there's something weird going on with your blog.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

There is nothing like a daughter and father relationship enjoy it while you have him. I loved my daddy and was always a daddy's girl growing up and he died too soon. He died right after the Christmas 0f 2002 and I still miss him so very much.

You should have bee MIA and spent every minute you had with your daddy while he was visiting. I just wish I had my daddy here for one more visit.

2:46 AM  
Blogger momzilla said...

Bless you for spending time with your Dad he sounds so special....my Dad just passed this last October and I miss him terribly....enjoy him while he is here...

9:48 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

For a moment, I thought where did your blog disappear to! Couldn't find it last night.

10:04 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

nice twist
i hope my daughter will some day blog about me, if blogs are stil around then.... for now I get to blog about her,
youare still cool!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like a lucky man; and you sound like a lucky daughter.

10:20 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

You are very lucky to have him in your life. Cherish the time you have left together; once he is gone his void will never be filled.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hat is off to that daddy of yours ('course I can't leave it off to long because of the baldy thingy). Also, while it is off - you deserve to be praised for being such an obviously fine daughter. Good luck to you two - hope you have many years of happiness. Old Baldy (with his hat back on).

1:39 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

That was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker