Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ouch......more than ouch........

Have you ever had intense pain? Have you ever had it wake you up in the middle of the night? Have you ever had it in the arch of your foot? I've had it the past two days. Couldn't sleep at all last night. I was actually crying from the pain. I finally went to the ER today. I have torn ligaments/tendons....whatever. My blood pressure is up from being in so much pain. The doctor gave me some good drugs - one for pain and one for inflammation. I have a constant ice pack on my arch. My house is a mess. My kitchen is a mess. My laundry needs to be done. I can't drive. What on earth am I going to do?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow, How'd you do that? Remember, no more then 20 mins with the ice.
What's the long term plan? Surgery or will it heal itself?

Hope it's better soon!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Windfall, Darlin' the house can wait, the kitchen can wait. You may have to do some laundry to get by. The main thing is that you get yourself better and take good care of yourself. As humbling as it may be, sometimes ya just have to slow down a little. Perhaps you have a friend nearby that can come over with some dinner and maby do some clothes for you. If I was where you are at, I would do it myself.

Don't fert darlin' you will heal up. It may take awhile and things may get out of order. But it's O.K. I promise. Just you take care of yourself. O.K.?

1:55 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

can you dial a phone? call for a helper/housecleaner, someone needs the blessing of work. DO it!

2:19 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

ohh,, and may I say, "very cute toes! oooh la la!"

2:20 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Since you can't drive you'll probably have to call in sick at work, then call for housekeeping service (like David already mentioned). (Windfalls come in handy at times like these!)

Stay off your arch and get well soon. Best wishes!

2:44 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Hey WFW, right now, the only thing you should be thinking about is getting well. So forget the house, forget the mess, forget the laundry. Worry about them AFTER your leg's ok. Take things one thing at a time, alright? That said, get well soon. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds, well, uh, painful. I hope you get better soon. Sometimes you need to let the laundry go & take care of yourself.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker