Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Girl Scout Day


Hi y'all.....Thanks for the well wishes on my foot. Today was the prearranged day for my Girl Scout Troop's booth sale for cookies. I have eight girls (Cadettes) that are 12-14 -- all in 7th grade. I had arranged with my Kroger to have a booth sale there. We had $400 worth of cookies to sell. I knew I couldn't take my pain medicine and drive and sit up there so I just took the anti-inflammatory drug. As I dressed, I kept repeating the mantra, "I know I can do this; I know I can do this." It worked. As I got in the car, it was SLEETING. LOL......We started at 10am and finished up at 2pm. I made it the entire four hours. My foot is really really hurting now but not as bad as yesterday. I am shaking like a leaf but I did make it. I wouldn't have given anything for the experience. The girls learned four lessons today: (1) smiling helps to sell; (2) asking helps; (3) saw people come up and just DONATE money (learned the art of giving -- no matter how small; and (4) witnessed the next troop coming in and saw RUDE parents virtually shoving our girls out of the way (learned how NOT to behave). Oh, and they sold all but one box of cookies. Go Girl Scouts Go!

8 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Let's see, I hope the tootsie is feeling better soon; sounds like the weather here in Boston; I'm glad the Girl Scout cookie sale went well; and from the previous post, it sounds like you have a wonderful Dad - good for you.

8:18 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Those GS cookies are my weakness! They are just too yummy.

I don't understand how parents can be that way in front of kids.

12:18 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i'll buy that last box!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your foot's still hurting, WW. I hope it gets better fast (although it sounds like a wicked injury). I love the GS Cookies. I'm blessed, 'cause my boss' daughter is a GS and he bought us all lots and lots o' cookies!! YAYAYAYAYAY

I hope you have a great week.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about your foot. We don't realize how important our pegs are until something happens to them. AS for me, heck WFW I can't get anyone to get me something to eat. I work like heck and it is just "root hog or die!" I hustle up my own grub - in fact I'm going to fix myself a sardine sandwich in just a few minutes - assuming I have enuf strength to open the can. Hooray for the GS! I wish I could buy some of them cookies. Old Baldy

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a Kroger around there. How quaint!

11:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

Sorry to read about your foot. Hate to tell you but it would have been better if you broke it. The kind of injury you have takes longer to heal. I know from experience. Hope it goes well for you.

11:36 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

what is sleeting?
i have never seen this
or been given a good description
of it

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker