Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 31, 2006

Weird.......

Two strange things to relate........

1. This morning I nearly met my Maker as a HUGE pickup truck was careening head on straight into me just before he moved back in his lane. It was a MAN driving. He was READING a NEWSPAPER. While he was DRIVING.

2. One of the sweetest ladies on our office......her husband won the $100,000 lottery. She was overjoyed. Seems she had been to Steinmart shopping for new clothes. I congratulated her and found myself thinking......a $100,000 won't go very far after taxes. It's not enough to retire early. I felt jaded. I couldn't believe I was thinking it.

Weird......weird........

6 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Sometimes that amount is just enough for those that are already without. I know that the amount left over from that would almost pay off my house. It would buy me a new car... etc.

When you are at the bottom of the barrel already, everything is an upward step.

Try not to feel badly. It is a natural thought process that you would think those things.

I am thankful that truck driver woke his butt up in time to move back to his lane!

11:12 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

the sign was weird, too!
Please don't let anyone squish you, it would be a terrible waste of a lovely, talented, sweet person.
Thanks for posting about the cable guy, we have a lot of service people to love and care for- they are doing what they do for US and our children.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. You can't retire on $100,000. But-- speaking as someone who's never found more than a dollar bill lying on the street--I'd take it.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

100,000 would not only pay off all my debts but put a down payment on a home and get me out of this rental. Like Snake said, "I'll take it."

11:35 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hello Windfall! I know I haven't commented in a while. I do check by daily. Some people do some really stupid stuff while driving. I guess it wasn't your time to meet your maker. Thank goodness. Maby you had angels riding beside you.

I hope you are well and from your posts life seems to be rolling along. Sometimes life is best when there is nothing out of the ordinary going on.

If you haven't heard from me in awhile, please don't think that I don't think of you often.

Take good care sweety!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Phonenix said it well to many even less than that is so much. You are blessed financially more than others.

Thank goodness the truck driver moved into his lane because we do want to have you around as you are a special lady.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker