Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

Get outta my way.....COOKIE CAKE!

Here's an update to Heartbreak Hotel and Belle. She did just fine at the party. It was really hard. HE had apparently told everyone about the breakup, because she hadn't. Belle said people were STARING at her as though watching for her to break down. Of course she didn't. Of course he tried to catch her eye. Of course she wouldn't look at him. Of course he asked FOUR of her friends to dance with him. Of course they DID. She asked one boy to dance, and he said, "Ok, sure." That was the only slow dance she danced. One boy kept staring so much that she said, "WHAT? What are you looking at?" One of her "old" friends rumored to be behind the breakup came over to "hug" her - of course. This fake hug attempt transpired as the cookie cake was being offered - of course. Belle ran her over and said, "COOKIE CAKE" in a funny voice in a pretended hurry to get to the cake - of course. She successfully avoided the fake hug - of course. All of her friends said he was crazy to break up with her - of course. They all said once he realized what he had done that he would try to get back with her - of course. She said she wouldn't go out with him again if he asked - OF COURSE. I think he's nuts - ABSOLUTELY OF COURSE.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember my first breakup (all of the age 11). Her name was Shirley and I was on the School Safety Patrol (a big shot). Very pretty (THEN!!) I saw her five years later at a high school dance that included other schools (she went to a different one) and my golly she was thin as a beanpole, had a real bad complexion and wore glasses 1/4 inch thick. I wouldn't have believed it was her until a friend came up to me and told me. I pretended I didn't know her. This breakup may be the best thing that could have happened to little Belle. He may turn out to be short, round like a jelly bean and dumb. Anywho, that is Old Baldy's perspective. Got to go rake the yard. Visitors coming for dinner. Old Baldy

4:55 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

correct me if I am wrong.
these kids are 12 years old?
they have no business breaking up
because they should not be pairing up in the first place. Where are the parents? WE are their first line of defense. My kids have done so much better in school without the stupid boyfriend/ girlfriend thing, I am adamantly opposed to it. plenty of time for that later! Grrrrr

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

David,
They're 12 and supervised. It's at this age that you learn what it's like to care for someone....it's Puppy Love. It will help make Belle be who she is when she's older.
It's not like they are going to the Drive-in alone or anything.
Chill out, Belle's even lucky enough to have WW as a role model.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Tell Belle it is the guys who have low-self-confidence that have to act like that...they need an ego fix. Sometimes it is the breakup that shows you what kind of character he really has...and she's going to have a great guy who is a LOT better real soon.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have said, I did not "break up" with Shirley. She moved away and boy was I unhappy. The most we ever did was for me to walk her home and then run like heck back to school to catch the school bus home. I think I did meet her mother. She lived in a real neat little bungalow - we lived in public housing provided for families who had relatives in WW II or were employed in a military installation (my mom was) this was shortly after the war ended - but there I go giving my age away. Anywho wanted to assure David nothing nefarious in my intentions (or actions) towards Shirley. Old Baldy

3:21 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Poor young thing! I remember the pain of heartbreak, and the thrill of new love. Both were a rollercoaster of emotions.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Sorry about the break up and the accident. Sounds like a big fat scam to me too. Be careful and you two ladies have that cookie cake and eat it too! Let her know that boys aren't worth the trouble.... yet. LOL!
Lois Lane

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker