Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter




Happy Easter! Yesterday, as I was grocery shopping, I found some cute pink and white fuzzy bunny ears. I put them in my cart thinking I'd wear them around friends and family for a cute "in the spirit" sort of touch. Then I looked at those ears and thought how badly I wanted to wear them right now! So I did. In the grocery, out in the parking lot. That's when the magic happened. Of the adults in the grocery, most people didn't even "see" them. But in the parking lot, I was immediately spotted by a little girl who began waving at me. Her brother and sister soon joined in waving and they worked up the courage to shout, "Hi Easter Bunny!" Their mother (God bless her with three little ones under 5) was waving too. I called out, "I'll be hopping over to your house soon." I wore my ears almost all day. And I wonder -- how often do we look without really seeing?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Easter. We sold lots and lots of eggs. I'll bet you made that little gal's day - she'll probably be talking about seeing the Easter bunny for months. Well, Easter or not, I got to get to work - no rest for chicken farmin'- but first I'll polish off this big ole cup of tea. All the best to you and yours and if'n you plan on eating out today have a great dinner. Old Baldy

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, WFW!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Too many people don't actually pay attention. Too bad cause I bet you were adorable in your ears!
Lois Lane

12:55 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

here is where I make the obvious male comment: did you get the fuzzy bunny tail to go with them? and yes I bet you looked adorable in them - you and I would really get along I like going against the norm, cressing to be different, and enjoying peoples reaction ( lets just NOT do cinco de mayo together) Peace

12:17 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I'm guessing a lot more adults saw those ears but (a) either lacking a sense of humor ignored them or (b) actually wanted to put a pair on themselves but had to adhere to their conservative routine.
Nice Easter touch WFW!

4:01 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

No pictures of you in the ears??

7:11 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

SC is right. We want to see.

4:46 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

wfw needs phot shop so she can put ears on britany Murphy, hehe

9:02 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hope you had a great Easter and a great week as well.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

A belated Happy Easter to you. I'm sure you had a good one, what with your start wearing the ears. Good for you, I can tell you enjoyed it. The kids abd their mother waving at you was precious and I'll bet made the whole thing worth while.
...And a HAppy POst-Easter to you.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Wrong spam for this website! WFW is not looking to make extra $$! :D

6:00 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

seven days without a post makes one week!

9:08 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Is everything ok?

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker