Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Day After



I have cried so much in the past 24 hours that my eyes hurt. Little memories come back to me. I know you're not supposed to feed them "real food" but before I knew that, whenever I cooked spaghetti, I gave him some. He LOVED it. He also loved McDonald's cheeseburgers - Happy Meals in particular. Once I was soooo sick and had no dog food and all I could do was drive through McD's and order cheeseburgers. I got three and he gulped them down in one bite and lurched happily to the floor.

I don't know when I'll get his ashes back. He's being privately cremated. I do know I'll sprinkle some in his special spot, some by the fence where he ran with his friends, and my friend, Barney, has offered to use his gardening talents and make a "Balto" garden with flowers. Maybe I'll spring for one of those yard ornaments - tasteful - of him.

This picture reminds me of him. I know he's in a better place. I know he's where his physical ailments cannot bother him any longer. But I still miss my baby and my buddy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

i am so sorry for your loss, the picture is beautiful. we all are fortunate to be able to have great pet friends, and its right to pay tribute to them for the companionship they gave. Sail on, Balto!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello WFW, sorry to hear about Balto. I was always surprised by how much people got invested in their pets until a year ago, when we got a kitten. Now I'm just like them, worrying about her all the time--like when she's caught out in bad storms (there've been a lot of them lately) or when she stays out until all hours and risks encounters with rough feral cats, racoons, & skunks. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I'm sorry to hear so bad news. But Balto will ever stay in your heart.

Cheyenne

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW, I am so sorry. I know this has been a while coming and I am quite certain that Balto knew just how much he was loved. I savor every precious moment I have with my Old Blind Dog. You are in my thoughts.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker