Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

CBS' New Series - Windfall


OK.....it was bound to happen........a copycat.......

"As the temperatures start rising in June and July, NBC plans to have viewers singing, "Summer days, drifting away, to uh-oh those summer nights."
On Sunday (Jan. 22) morning, the Peacock network set out its plans to fill the summer months with original programming, mixing in both new drama and a variety of alternative offerings.

NBC has saved the midseason drama "Windfall" for a summer slot. The FOX transplant focuses on a group of 20 friends who split a $386 lottery prize and are surprised to discover that instant wealth doesn't necessarily bring instant happiness. Luke Perry ("Beverly Hills, 90210"), Jason Gedrick ("Boomtown"), Lana Parrilla ("Boomtown"), Sarah Wynter ("24"), D.J. Cotrona ("Skin"), Jon Foster ("The Door in the Floor"), Alice Greczyn ("The Dukes of Hazzard") and Jaclyn DeSantis ("Road Trip") star in the series, executive produced Laurie McCarthy ("CSI: Miami").

Who ARE these people anyway??? Are they as cute as I am?

14 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Just catching up - I have to comment on the post below. I THANK your cousins family for his sacrifice for his county even in a war that divided us so much. I grieve their loss as I do the loss of each life of our military members.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: What's the saying - something like mimickery is the highest form of flattery = anywho I hope you know what I mean, seeing as how those TV folks are copying you or whatever. BUT . . . if you need a good lawyer . . . we have one in town here . . . mostly what he does involves defending folks for drunk driving and bad checks. But, I'm sure he would do a good job for you though - particularly if I put in a good word for you. You see he fishes for trout in a stream on my property. So I kinda have some leverage with him. Got to get to work - load of feed coming today and need to clear space for it. Have a great day. Old Baldy

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hardly! Love you original WFW!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

They're alright; but not as cute as you.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:

hiya darling WFW,

I SAY SUE THEIR ASS OFF

FOR EVEN HAVING SUCH THOUGHTS

and get ready,,for more windfall,

and you anonymous LAWYER,,,get to work....=z=

12:57 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

no one is as cute as you, WFW

1:55 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Do you think the show's writers got the idea from your blog? Plagiarism or art imitating life? Btw, you are the cutest and the windfallest!

10:18 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Just how cute are you? All I have ever seen is other people's pictures.

Nothing naughty now, I just want to see your smiling face.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a lawsuit in the making. Emotional distress is mighty pricey these days. The soldier who claims to have been misquoted by Michael Moore wants $85 million. Your case is much, much stronger, and a second windfall may be in the offing.

3:12 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

TV is so screwed up! Blow the damn thing up, live life! Don't try to watch others faking it. Grrrrrr
my bulldog is growling.....
I posted soemthing interesting for you today, let me know what you think.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$386 divided by 20 is less than $20 per person, and I assume that is after taxes. That won't be much of a show! Bigwhithat has a point. I'd like to see that big smile of yours myself.

3:27 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

anon, I think its 386 million dollars
or yes It would be a short season for the show,

WFW - how is life for you, dear woman?

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear the show sucks. Not nearly as interesting as the real thing.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

A friend who won $15 million (and ended up with about 5 million after taxes) said that the show is unrealistic in the way they people are depicted--regarding how much they get...so she can't stand to watch it. :)

Hh

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker