Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Business Trip


Hey y'all! I had to go to Tampa on Tuesday and just got home last night. It was an orgy of EATING. I took my team and customers to Bern's Steak House in Tampa for dinner. Well, I rarely drink for various reasons; but as the "leader," I picked up the initial bar tab. Over $200 for 12 people! Then we took a tour of the restaurant - very interesting! The kitchen, the meat area, the salad area, the wine cellar. They had wines from the 1800s! They actually sell bottles of wine worth $10,000!!!!!!! OH........MY..........GOSH........Even with my windfall, I am NOT spending $10K on WINE! Anyhow, I had the smallest filet mignon which comes with - get this - french onion soup, salad, baked potato, onion rings, assorted vegetables AND bread! Followed by more drinking! Then.....we had to reserve the DESSERT ROOM. Yes, private rooms for DESSERT. It was .....over the top. I had a chocolate souffle' with hot fudge sauce. Yes, it was awesome. The dinner tab was $642 and the dessert tab was over $200. I was afraid my corporate card was going to MELT. It didn't. The next day was filled with meetings, then lunch at a Spanish restaurant, just under $200!!!!!! I frankly found both restaurants way too dark for me. The food was good.....but still! WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!! And I'm a classy gal I think......but Applebee's is good enough for me. LOL..........The trip did help my grief process. I'm glad to be home!

5 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Glad you had fun, even if expensive fun! LOL Hugssss

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, and delicious fun at that. I have to confess that I am a complete sucker for fine dining. You have made me very hungry!

It's good to hear that you're feeling some better.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WFW: Why didn't you take me with you? Heck, I coulda taken the bus down there and then met you at the airport. I guess this is jus' ole fancy imagery - who wants to associate with an old chicken farmer like me? I guess the answer is chickens (and they should since I take care of them from dawn to dusk). Happy you had a good time. As for me - I like Shoney's. Old Baldy

4:13 PM  
Blogger The Grouchy Old Yorkie Lady said...

My husband and I ate there once while on a business trip with our boss -- we took out-of-town clients along and for the six of us, the tab was nearly $2,000, thanks to the two $500 bottles of wine, chilled caviar, and 30 year old single malt scotch he ordered for all of us. Yikes. Over the top is RIGHT!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, no wonder Americans are so overweight. Haven't your associates heard of sushi (not that I ever eat it)?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker