Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

Kittens and Guilt

OK, it's time to share a little something more intimate. You see, I got a little orange tabby male kitten the Saturday before my blessed Balto died. It's just that poor Balto with his excitability, his epilepsy, his heart condition and being 92.2 pounds wasn't completely cuddle-able. My poor Yorkie is going through dreadful skin allergies and flaking and bumpy. I was yearning for something tiny, alive and holdable. Don't ask me how I ended up with a CAT! I'm not even a cat person. But Tigger....he called out to me. He needed me; I needed him. Five short days later - Balto died. I cried wondering.......did the kitten do him in? Did his big heart finally give out from the competition of his Yorkie sister and now a male kitten? I finally confessed my guilt to my vet. "No, no, WFW, you mustn't think that. Balto lasted so much longer than we thought he ever would." I love my kitten. He is a purr box. He cuddles with me. I still wonder......what did Balto think? I still miss my dog.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

He didn't mind the kitten. It will sure take a while to get over the loss. But time will help make it less painful.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW, thanks for dropping by! I've wondered how you've been, and I'm sorry that I didn't visit you first.

I'm also sorry to hear about Balto. Last time I read, he was not doing well. I'm glad that you have your new kitten to comfort you (and your Yorkie).

9:44 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I agree with stacy. Glad to see you have a new four-legged friend. Tigger's playfulness will help you shake the blues quicker.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Awww, I'm so sorry you lost your doggy. The kitten is adorable though :)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No WFW the way you describe Balto - he was a very loving dog. I am sure he was never jealous or unhappy about the Yorkie or that kitten. We (including animals) have a built-in timeline. Vets, like medical doctors, can do wonders pushing this timeline out some and making life more bearable at the end - but it was his time to go. Get your grief out on the table, complete it and then get on with your life. You will have times (which will diminish as the years go by) in which you remember that dog but he would want you to move on. And . . . that kitten . . . what's his name . . . Tigger . . . will help you do that . . . he deserves more of your love now. At least that is Old Baldy's perspective (for what it is worth!) Old Baldy

5:10 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

The love of a pet cannot be replaced. Balto minded not the kitten, of that I am sure. May God hold you dear lady.

10:29 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

tigger - cute

12:46 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Your kitten needs a puppy.

1:31 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I'm glad you have the kitten and the yorkie, and I'll bet Balto is too.

3:17 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I am sorry about Balto, but surely that kitten will make you soon feel better. He is adorable!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker