Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Sad Saturday

My mother called me yesterday morning early. I don't like early morning weekend calls. I liked this one less. My cousin committed suicide early yesterday morning. I had to say that I was shocked. My mother was not. As a child, I remembered pitying him. My uncle had been married previously, and he was a product of that brief marriage. His mother did not want him -- completely rejected him. My aunt and uncle then had three children of their own. It's no wonder he never seemed to fit in. He was the "oldest" of all the grandchildren (when he was counted). All the pain finally caught up with him. He shot himself in the heart -- completing his heartbreak.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

so very sad - I am sorry to hear it.
I have little experience with this, except for secong hand. its always devastating to the family left behind.

My daughter took a bad fal yesterday so we are taking today off together to rest, and relax

2:02 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

How very sad for him to have been in that situation. I have known a few other people in similar families and it is always a hard place to be, even if they don't resort to suicide.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Theo said...

sorry to hear about the loss.

nice to find you, though.

9:57 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

thanks for stopping by - hannah is doing so much better now - lots of scabs and bruises - nothing worse

10:01 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I am sad for him. He wasn't loved enough in life to want to carry on.

1:50 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you WFW

9:04 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

My family has delt wih this and it is not easy to understand and I don't think one ever fully comes to terms with it. I do believe do accept they made a choice and we must live with it for we have no other choice but we always have that little question of why and could in our mind or that is how it has been in my family. My mother's sister committed suicide 20 years ago and those questions are still there...to the point I believe it might be the reason....her grandson did the same thing just last year...Imagine that a mother dealing with why "Her" mother and her son commited suicide.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker