Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mammograms and Oatmeal Cookies


I have to have an "emergency diagnostic mammogram" next Thursday. On one hand, my doctor says she doesn't think there's anything to worry about but to call and get this done. I call and the appointment person says, "Oh yes, WFW, we have been instructed to schedule you immediately as an emergency d-mammogram." I refuse to worry about this unless and until there is something to worry about.

On the bright side, Walt is headed to camp to serve as a Counselor-in-Training for three weeks. I asked what I could buy for him, and he said, "Don't buy me anything, but I'd love some homemade oatmeal cookies." Isn't he a great kid? Guess what I'll be doing today????

I'm going to make some extras. I love oatmeal cookies. It's fine to get to appreciating things again. It's been a not so fun two months - my dog dying, my cousin committing suicide, two breast lumps......I'm tired of being depressed. I'm tired of not enjoying things. It's time to have some fun again. I love life too much to live it like this.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

That's the way to go! It's probably nothing to worry about ;)

Walt is such a sweet kid! How thoughtful! Be sure to tell us how the oatmeal cookies go. I love oatmeal cookies. Don't dwell too much on unhappy stuff, alright? Better (MUCH BETTER) times are sure to come. They'll be here before you know it ;)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Those are my favorite cookies---of course I just like cookies. :)

So glad you have a smiling spirit today. Enjoy your weekend.

5:21 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Pop on over and take a gander at this night's post...
The Lord'll take care 'o you WW... of THAT I am sure.
God bless!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Keep thinking positive thoughts! Sending good vibes and wishes your way from around the world.

p.s. Where IS that oatmeal cookie recipe?
:-)

2:21 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

OH yea, where's the oatmeal cookie recipe? *smirks at the thought of oatmeal cookies*

8:08 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Mammograms have more results that end up being nothing then results that are something...there's lots of reasons for lumps.
Thinking positive thoughts!

Sorry about my deleted post...I phrased my initial comment badly. :)

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two of my boys did the CIT thing. They soooo loved their camp, and both ended up being counselors. I miss camp now that they don't do it any more. They made so many wonderful friends and I really do believe that the leadership program this camp provided the staff has made a difference in their lives.

You sound like you're taking it one day at a time re: the tests. BTDT. It's all you can do and you remain in my thoughts and prayers. Peace, darlin'.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker