Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! I wish a very happy one to my own daddy who sustains me. He sure didn't have the easiest life growing up. His own dad died when he was two. His mother worked hard to support three children (and one who died shortly after birth). My daddy was the baby, but you would never have known it. He started working when he was just a kid, delivering milk. He knows how to do about everything (at least I think so). The one thing I wish he'd do is to slow down a bit and not work so hard. Take time to relax. I guess when you've spent your whole life working yourself to the bone, it becomes a habit.

I also have to pay tribute to Walt's dad who doesn't know about this blog, since he doesn't know I have a windfall. He is spending HIS Father's Day getting up at 6am and driving two and half hours to camp (one way). I bet he'd rather lay on the sofa and watch ...... well not NASCAR, not golf......maybe old movies? He is a great dad.

I haven't mentioned Belle the ballerina much lately as she has been at an intensive ballet camp. Her mom (one of my close friends) tells me that HER dad yanks up the phone as soon as she calls and insists on yakking on every call for EVERY second. He doesn't want to miss a word. Now I told her -- that's sweet that he wants to hear everything. LOL.....she does give him credit for lugging a fridge and six trays of heavy gatorade up three flights of stairs -- not to mention a trunk filled with NEW clothes. Don't you just love it?

And for the dads on here that visit my blog....Happy Father's Day to you too. I'm afraid I'd hurt someone's feelings if I mentioned all of you motorcycle riding, scientific magazine writing, hand ball playing, writers, poets, handyman on a mountain, hat wearing, Hale type men who love your kids. And to my attorney, my accountant and the slew of people who help keep the windfall intact....a big hug.

Happy Father's Day. And to my own daddy......once again.......I love you Daddy. This Much.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful of you to think of the dads in your life. I'll add my two-bits - hope all the dads have a great day (if they deserve it). As for me it is another work day - not with the chickens but with a party - having folks over to the house for a party and I've been working my tail off getting ready for it. What's even worse most are Republicans who know Bush is a failure but will not admit it. Next pap's day - no plans but reading the paper! Old Baldy

12:47 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

You're a grand woman WFW...
Hope and pray all is well.

8:14 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

thank you for the rememberance
i was so pleased to get a fathers day email from my oldest who is away at college, he is such a blessing!
Glad you have a good daddy, ther eis no substitute

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker