Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 26, 2006

How do you spell R-E-L-I-E-F ????



























How do you spell relief? What does it feel like? It feels like this to me - "Ms. WFW, after reviewing your bloodwork, your exams, your mammograms, your ultrasounds.....we have determined that you are .........PERFECTLY FINE. In fact, it is the best news possible. Your lumps have completely disappeared. We've looked and looked. There are no longer any lumps."

I couldn't believe it. The best news possible. How could it be? No more lumps. No possible tumors on my breast bone. Not now anyway.

I was so relieved. A friend picked me up, and we headed up to the mountains to a luxury hotel. We splurged on food. We sat outside in the terraced garden.............peeked at a couple's rehearsal dinner......and drank good coffee looking up at the sky. I couldn't breathe enough of the cool mountain air. It was so peaceful and quiet. I so felt God's blessings.

We turned in early. At about 1:30 am, we both awoke to the air conditioner being off. Suddenly, before I knew it, we were laughing hysterically. Like a slumber party when I was a girl. We laughed for two hours - in the middle of the night. Was that my release? I don't know. The next morning we headed for a new spot......beautiful......and hooked up with another friend. We had a wonderful time. Suddenly all I wanted to do was to go home. Sleep in my own bed with my own good news. Kiss my kitten and hug my dog. Take a shower in my bathroom. And just sleep......a peaceful and worry free sleep. That's just what I did. Life is good.

12 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Congratulations this is GREAT news Prayer does work. Now slow down and enjoy life my friend you were given a scare let that serve as a reminder just how precious your life is so enjoy it. :)

BTW I just sent you an e-mail I hope you got it.

10:13 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!! I am so glad to hear this!!

I had a similar scare many years ago and the doctor I had was a seasoned pro. His answer and my cure? 1000 mil of vitamin E a day. After the biopsies came back negative this was his prescription. I had too many cysts to count, in my breasts and ovaries. 1 month later I was cyst free.

His cure worked and since then anytime I felt something that wasn't right, I did his cure and they disappeared.

Hugsssssssssss!!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the news. Sounds like you celebrated well.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I'm so happy and relieved for you WW!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yes! I love good news in the morning! {{{hugs to you}}}

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the mountains. It sounds like a glorious celebration. Hearty congratulations on your very good news, WFW! :D

9:40 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Woooooooooohooooooooo! Your news is wonderful! The mountains sounded like the perfect way to celebrate. I am so happy for you! Hugss, relax, and enjoy!

9:47 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Hallelujah! Wonderful news and I am happy about it. Sounds like you knew how to celebrate it!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Wonderful!

I'm so relieved to hear it.

7:14 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Encouraging and wonderful news that every woman wants to hear. I am a newcomer here and haven't followed your blog, but am happy for you !!!

Donna

7:28 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I am SO HAPPY for you...went through the lump scare myself Oct 2004 and the biopsy was benign...so happy for you...!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news. Having just been through a similar fright, I can relate. I'm facing a major surgery in August, but at least I now know I'm not dying!

Hh

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker