Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I can understand Elvis better now

Yes, as the title says, I can understand Elvis better now. Especially after this tax mess. He reportedly told The Colonel and his daddy, "Just give the government half of everything then we won't get in trouble." And pardon me, but as my beloved daddy would say, isn't that a helluva note? FIFTY PERCENT folks. That's about what it all adds up to. Thanks for all your advice on recouping and handling my accountant. My soon-to-be-ex-accountant that is. Poor old Elvis looks as befuddled as I feel, doesn't he?

Oh hell, it's ONLY money. Now, when I count my blessings, I am not living over in Israel or Lebanon or Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm not living in some oil sheik's harem either waiting on his sorry attention either. (laugh at this please). I'm not living where the tsunami just hit and I didn't take the cruise on Carnival where the ship turned on its side. (Now see, I don't do cruises because of this - think Poisiden (yeah it's misspelled too) Adventure and Titanic) No, I am blissfully camped out in my pjs with the power company outside thoughtfully trimming off limbs so my power doesn't go off. Isn't that nice of them? The dogs are sure appreciating it let me tell you. It's giving them something to bark about for weeks. My kitten is quite enjoying these dogs making fools of themselves howling. Oh, and David? Thanks for telling me that I had dueling songs going in here. I wasn't REALLY trying to drive you guys crazy. OK, I'm starving. I guess I better go back on the generic cereal now that the IRS has got me.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

I was happy when I finally got to go back to two-ply toilet paper. We were on one-ply when the IRS finished with us...
Hang in there.
I am still pissed at your accountant.
Huge hugsssssssss

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: as we in the chicken business say (when we discuss the IRS and stuff) -"it aint chicken feed either." I agree with you I'd rather be here up to my ankles in chicken ---- than lots of other places (like Iraq where we have spent $300 billion and are spending several $million more each day). Anywho do have to go clean the chicken houses (tell me where yo accountant lives and I'll dump a load of this stuff on his front yard. Got to also gather some fresh Omega 3 fortified eggs. Old Baldy

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW, I'm sorry for your tax woes. BTDT, but I'm still glad I get to come read your blog, no matter what you're talking about.

I will confess, though, that I've reached a point of confusion. I don't know which is the bigger draw, your blog or Old Baldy's comments. :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i get a refund this year - of $14.00
when I get around to mailing my 1040 in. I guess that is practically coming from folks like you.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Buffy said...

See. I don't do cruises for this very reason either.

Then there's the whole Titanic mess.

Seriously.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I'd love to take a chance and take a cruise.

Generic cereal builds character.

5:20 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

The Lord giveth; the government taketh away...

6:50 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

So, the Infernal Revenue Service got another one, eh? Good luck.
...Sorry, I haven't been here in a while, but work and home projects, the recent heat wave, and a touch of laziness have made me fall behind in keeping up with those on my Blogroll.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker