Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Random Thoughts.....

This week has brought some real meditative moments for me. Good and bad.

*****************************************************

On Wednesday, I had a meltdown with a friend at work. I just felt so underappreciated. I work as my customer's and company's advocate 24/7/365. I don't think I'm the ONLY one who does it, but I felt like the only one. My friend helped calm me.

*****************************************************

This week, Benjamin Hendrickson, Emmy Award winner from the daytime show, As The World Turns, committed suicide. It brought back memories of my cousin's tragic death. Even more hurtful was reading the "boards" about his death and suicide. The callusness of the human race really pains me at times.

*****************************************************

I surprised Walt's parents with brand new bedding for his room. His mom had been telling me that he needed it and not to get me to buy it either! I picked it all out myself. He had been at camp for three weeks. She called me to tell me that he slept for twelve solid hours!

*****************************************************

Miss Belle, the ballerina, met a famous person at her camp this week. I can't divulge who it was but suffice it to say she had her photo made with this person who loaned her a CROWN to wear in it!

*****************************************************

I'm going to begin the process of hiring a housekeeper this week. I am tired of doing it all myself.

*****************************************************

My air-conditioner in my NEW car broke on the HIGHWAY in the HEAT this week. So did my MOTHER'S. Are the AC gremlins through yet? P.S. I think my Service Advisor might have been drinking on the job. It scared me.

*****************************************************

I cooked dinner alot this week. It was very satisfying.

*****************************************************

I've missed posting.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Good housekeeper here for hire lol... and I come cheap :P

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always loved when my boys came home from camp. They'd always sleep and sleep and sleep (sort of like they do when they come home from college). Sweet gift, WFW. :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Welcome back. We missed you. It was good to hear your ramblings. I could use a good housekeeper too!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

3:50 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Hey, take solice in the fact that you can walk out of the door at work anytime. You could simply go full time windfall. You don't have to get emotional because you don't need them.

How idependent is that?

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: Here is Old Baldy's take on all of this:
1. Look in the mirror and thank yourself for your good work. Don't expect the same from others because it seems it is mostly "What did you do for me lately - like in the past 10 minutes."
2. Hope you and your mom don't have the same car because of you do - it may be a model problem. Anywho, you say its new so you can get it fixed under a warranty and it will probably never happen again.
3. Hats off to Belle.
4. Congrats. on the maid decision - you sound like a really busy gal. You can't do it all.
5. Glad Walt is back.
Got to go tend to my chickens - I have an egg conveyor problem. Old Baldy

12:06 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

You mean to tell me that all this time you've been doing your own household cleaning?!? What's the point of a windfall if you can't pamper yourself and never have to scrub a dirty bathroom? I think it's time for a "windfall moment" for Windfall Woman.
;-)

2:56 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:16 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

its thursday night and your fans are milling about.....

11:48 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

Keep cool. Go to a movie.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've missed your blogging!

hurry back & blog some more.

otherwise, i've got NO life!

lol

11:39 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I definitely appreciate you. To be honest, I look on you as this younger Brittany Murphy type person so I like coming here a lot. I don't know who the actor is from that soap but I think suicide is always tragic.
Your warmth comes across in your blog. You're one of my favorites!
And I'm SO GLAD your aunt and uncle are adjusting although I know all these firsts coming up (holidays, birthday,etc) are going to be so hard for them. Take care.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker