Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

Quiet Mornings

It's not QUITE this cold here yet; however, it is a lovely quiet morning. I am enjoying my second cup of decaff from McDonald's and reading a new book, The Mermaid Chair. I'm sure your mouths are hanging open that I am drinking coffee from McD's, but I guess some habits (aka being poor) die hard. It's a whole LOT less expensive than Starbuck's or Caribou plus it is better! Let me be a rebel and stand up and say - Starbuck's coffee is BITTER sometimes! Anyhow, it is a peaceful quiet this morning; and my body is still and relaxed. It's also FRIDAY. I love Fridays. Even though my work is fairly easy (most of the time) and I work from home (even better), I still look forward to the big old TGIF. It's also PAYDAY, and I love PAYDAY. Again, a hangover from the old days when I worked from paycheck to paycheck.

I'm convinced now, right after celebrating my year with the windfall this year, that if you keep your priorities straight.....life doesn't really change that much. Sure, I have financial independence. Sure, I've got some wonderful 0s in the accounts. I still live in the SAME house, work at the SAME job, and drink my coffee from the SAME place. Life is good.

8 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

You will think I'm strange. Okay you already do.

The best coffee I have ever had was made in a an old cast iron kettle dangling over an open fire. The water is brought to a boil. The grounds are dumped right in. Then a pinch of salt is added to make the grounds fall to the bottom.

Mabey it is just the atmosphere of the camp fire and the country morning. But I swear it was the best I ever had.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I really do hate Starbucks coffee, and for the same reason. It's bitter. But people I work with love it like it's the second coming, and when I travel with them they HAVE to find a Starbucks in the town we're visiting the evening we arrive so that it's not a mad-dash rush in the morning to do so.

Glad you're enjoying your morning.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm spoiled. I like the coffee that I make better than any I can get out. I like Caribou better than Starbucks and Dunk'n Donuts better than Mickey Ds. I am picky about coffee.

It's been cool here the last two mornings and it's really glorious. Walking the old blind dog was a pleasure before I was off to the KSDCo, which is quiet.

All is right with the world. I hope you have a lovely weekend, WFW.

Peace, darlin'.

10:14 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

starbucks- yuk
home brew- yay!

payday, hmm I just finished a job, now I wait for the check - that can be the hard part. but I do love my independence ( need more clients though)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

I believe being content is not found in finacial wealth, it is found within' ones heart. If you have enough to sustain a lifestyle that pleases you, be content.

Funny I'm not a big coffee drinker, but when I do it's usally iced and from some ol' instant coffee maker in the bar. Keeps me awake, helps me do my job and that makes me happy!

You are doing well Windfall. It's not others eyes we must impress. Often it is our own eyes we strive to impress the most.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our coffee maker is from some Swiss something or other. It grinds the beans and then makes on demand by the cup (mild, medium or strong). You can also select how many ozs. you want. Has a foam at the top as it brews. Terrific stuff. We order the beans via snail mail - but usually come fedex. Got a sick dog. Taking her to the Vet tomorrow. See ya. Old Baldy

3:36 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

My (underdeveloped coffee bean) tastebuds really can't discern one coffee from another so I don't really have a favourite.

However, I do have a bone to pick with Starbucks in Europe... why can't they just have small, medium, large cups? What's with the tall, grande, venti mumbo jumbo?

Glad you have your feet planted firmly on the ground in spite of the windfall. Pamper yourself more often and enjoy it guilt-free!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker