Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas! I'm back. I can't believe I've been gone so long. I even missed my anniversary in September. You know I haven't been myself, but I'm better now. Family and health problems got me off track. This crazy windfall has really messed with my head. Plenty of you are probably out there thinking, "I'd like to have THAT problem." Believe me, it's not ALL bad. BUT...it does require some major life adjustment. I've always believed in the goodness of other people. Now, I cast a fishy eye at many. Are they being nice to me because of the money? Do they want to date me for my money? If I didn't have it, would they treat me the same? It can really make you paranoid. And, the sad part is that so many organizations don't even ASK me for money. They EXPECT it. I wonder if there is a Millionaires Anonymous. Because if there isn't, maybe I should start it. My birthday is coming up in 9 days. I'm excited. I don't know why. I love birthdays, and I love Christmas. What do YOU love?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years ago I actually read about a group made up of people who have suddenly come into alot of money, but I don't remember their name. I think, however, I read about it on MSN Money.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you're back!! You can't imagine how much you've been missed. Glad to know all is well and here's hoping it continues!!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Windfall, welcome back. Glad to hear things are going better. I thought of you yesterday when I watched the movie "Happy Feet" w/my kids. Your girl, Brit, was one of the stars...

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW, I haven't been to your blog in a while and from reading a few of the posts I've only gotten a relatively disconnected feel of what has happened in your life (maybe I need to do a little more digging).

As for people's expectations of you because of your money, I know exactly what you mean. I don't have tons of cash or anything, but I'm finally employed, and now that I have something in my pocket, I feel like more is expected of you -when it comes to gifts, dates, donations. I also expect more of myself. I'm like "well, if I gave him $50 last year, shouldn't I give him $100 this year?" I wouldn't go so far as to say people look at me differently, but sometimes it just feels like there's added disappointment if you don't deliver as much as they expect you to.

With donations, I've been lucky to be involved with organizations that don't make demands of me. I will give when I feel it's right to give. Maybe I can use a little coaxing but I react negatively when too much pressure is exerted.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Happy Christmas to you too WW! I'm glad you're sounding very happy and that the side effects of the windfall haven't broken your spirit. "Millionaires Anonymous" sounds like it should be founded (it it isn't already), because the stress of too much money is equivalent to the stress of not enough money. No kidding.
I've missed those smiling, gorgeous photos of you/Brit!
Hugs and good vibes!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker