Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday and Decorations and Coming to Terms


Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. I'm taking my rest today. It's gray and overcast here and cold in the mornings. I had a busy day yesterday with my volunteer work. Today I'm going to get my Christmas tree. Last year I paid a designer friend to come and decorate my house. This year I'm paying a couple of teenagers to help me. I missed not doing it myself. I didn't decorate for Halloween this year like I did last year or give out extravagant trick or treat items. I was too "not myself." I won't let myself slide back into that "not myself" place again. I could barely even talk about it but here's what happened. Over the course of about six weeks, five teenagers I knew died, ruined their lives or had their lives ruined for them. How do you make sense of such tragedy? You just don't. You work your way through the morass of grief. You hold on to those precious people in your lives. You move on. I've missed you all. Thank you for your cards, words of encouragement and advice. Now, let's get on with the business and joy of living.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss helping my folks decorate for Christmas. Since I've been in college, the most I've done is put up a small Christmas tree. One year, one of my roommates put up a few lights outside.

Thanks for stopping by my site. And, you should definitely try the cheesecake cream cheese.

8:01 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I don't have any thing to say.

So, Love you bye.

9:07 AM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Glad to see the happy WFW back. Missed you too! Hugsssssss backatcha!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Brittany Murphy (neƩ Brittany Bertolotti)

I thought she was particularly good in 8 Mile.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Windfall!! Just wanted to let ya know C wouldn't mind ya giving me a hug. She's not the overly jealous type. I missed two days of work this weekend cause I am very sick with a cold/virus that is going around. It is all I can do to stand up and stir around. C came down as usuall this weekend and we got our usual motel room close to work before I got sick. She has been very good and nursing me this weekend. Right now she is headed back cause she has work on monday. I guess it's time I update my blog again. Take care Windfall and alwayas know, you are always welcome on my blog and e-mail!!!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God speed young lady.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Welcome back, and do try to enjoy the holidays.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW, I am so sorry. I have seen so much of that sort of thing that I know all too well how heartbreaking it can be. This does seem to be exceptionally broad and the more of them that are hurt the greater the pain. There is just so much risk in growing up today. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and let me know if I can offer any help in any way.

Still, I'm very glad to see you back and hopeful that you'll have a joyous and love-filled holiday season.

5:25 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

joy of living
may you have it in abundance
God bless you

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker