Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

2006 in Review


2006 in Review

January – Resolved not to be superstitious. Washed on New Year’s Day. Wrote my 100th post. High points: Planned my trip to Spain and ate twinkies for the first time. Low point: My laptop died and blogger quit on me. Lowest point: My mother told me she never wanted a daughter like me.

February – Made a presentation to a big dog at work. Caught a cold. Worshipped Coca-Cola. Highest point: Made a waitress at IHOP happy on her birthday.

March – Too busy to take trip to Spain. Hurt my foot and went to the ER. Took great painkillers. Ate Girl Scout cookies. Began my bi monthly manicure/pedicures. Highest point: Saved from a crazy driver.

April – Had a car accident. Began belly dancing. Lowest point: Watching my little friend Belle’s heartbreak. Highest point: Mistaken for the Eastern Bunny.

May – Cried all month. Lowest point of the year: My beloved Balto died. High point of the month: Got a kitten.

June – Traveled. Had a hot date. Low point: My cousin killed himself. Scary point: Found a lump in my breast. Then another one. High point: Made a great peach pie and lumps disappeared.

July – Had several windfall moments. Low point: CPA made a mistake on my taxes. High point: My mom had a dinner party. She invited me.

August – Went on vacation. Bought a new bed. Low point: Left vacation to be with my mom who had emergency surgery for cancer. High point: Began to read The Bible again.

September – Low points: Steve Irwin and Polly died. My bad headaches returned. High point: Rediscovered coffee and went to Europe unplanned.

October – Barely posted at all. Low point: Depression jumped on me. Bad.

November – Depression continued. I sought help.

December – High points: Got back on track mentally, celebrated my birthday, enjoyed Christmas shopping. Low point: Realized how many deaths and illnesses I witnessed this year.

And how was YOUR 2006?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

wow, I sure haven't accomplished that much!

mine would be: January-December: played with toys, ate, slept, barked occasionally, chased the cat, slept some more, played more, gave many kisses, recieved many kisses and hugs, and ate some more.

I wish I was that motivated as a dog!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My year was great!! lost my steady job and lived on unemployment for awhile. Went to work with and for a close personal friend. Met the love of my life C and it filled a giant void in me. Bought a new 4x4 truck and put big tires on it. Expierinced a small windfall which I have not discused in the blogsphere. In the process of leaving the brotherhood my club, but still have all my friends in there. Haven't discussed that on the blogsphere either. I am still drug free with only a occaisonal drink now and then. (somebody brought some moonshine to work tonight and I couldn't resist a swig. Really good stuff)My dad is still alive and kicking thou not as high as he use to. I got a roof over my head, food to eat, and clean clothes on my back. Still got my harley.

Some of my year has been good and some of it bad, some of it sad and some of it glad!!

Love you windfall. You have been a true friend!!

P.S. C loved her bling bling for christmas!!!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here from Dan's site.
Your a beautiful woman, I couldn't resist. Looks like you had a year filled with good and bad.
As long as the good outweighed the bad, your doing OK.
Now, about the belly dancing...

Have a Happy New Year filled with peace & love.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crawlin' up out of a hole, I am. It gets a little bit better every day, 'cept for those days it gets a little bit worse. I s'pose it really is about taking two steps forward and one step backwards, but focusing on just taking those steps. I'm two years out of living with The Husband... and he's still not working but he seems to be trying. I've managed to get The Oldest graduated from college last May and Middle Son has made it to being a junior and is still an honor student. I'm one semester away from having The Youngest out of HS and we're *that close* to having his college apps completed. I guess I feel pretty good about 06, now that I think about it. Thanks for asking. Happy New Year, WFW. I hope you have a great weekend and and even better 07!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say that 2006 was the greatest year since 2005.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windfall, this is a totally sweet post -- how you found all the highpoints in each month (and the lowpoints, but you put those after the highpoints).

2006 was mixed for me. I lost my dad less than two weeks ago so that was pretty bad. My only sibling, my brother was severely brain damaged when hit by an SUV while bicycling this summer. But then again I have made blogger pals (like you) and my heart opened more than it ever has in previous years.

See you in 2007, OK?

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly had quite a year of highs and lows, and you came out of it none the worse for wear.

Excellent post. Here's hoping that 2007 will be the best!

Thanks for the recent visit and kind comments.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker