Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Looking toward 2007

It's time for me to look toward 2007. Many people don't believe in New Year's resolutions, but I like the idea of a "fresh start." Over the years, I've accomplished so much using the "resolution method." In fact, the windfall actually occurred as a result of a such a goal setting session. Some day I'll talk more about that. I'm not going to look back much over 2006. Instead, I decided this morning that I am going to set a goal for this year. I've spent over an hour searching for a certain waffle recipe. Being a cookbook collector, I'm going to get them organized. To that end, I will cook at least ONE recipe from each one in 2007. I have to COUNT how many I have. LOL. What do you think of resolutions, and if you have one, will you share it? I won't tell.....I promise.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all in favor of resolutions. I just don't do it personally--at least not on New Year's. But I can still resolve to say happy new year.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

My New Year's Resolution? To not leave the house without makeup and hair done the entire year. I'm a country girl but I'll do my best.

Now remember, you promised not to tell. :)

Happy New Year.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too Snake!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monica, I won't tell. I'm sure you're gorgeous with or without the makeup. And hair? Just brush it or put on a hat!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resolutions are great! I try to do resolutions throughout the year. Like always, to work out more this year.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. Mostly I'm with Snake. While I do make personal resolutions, I don't really do that in conjunction with the new year.

And, Monica, Monica, Monica, YIKES! What are we going to do with you, sweet darlin'? I am way too old to worry about make-up. It just gets stuck in my wrinkles. And hair? I'm with WFW! The fact is that being "pretty" didn't turn out well for me. It led to having fellows interested in the wrong me for all the wrong reasons. I resolve (see, WFW, you got me to do it!) to not be interested in anyone who is interested in me, for the way I look (wait - I'm already doing that).

Happy New Year, WFW! Nice post. Good luck with all that cookin'. Yummm.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

To think first before saying anything too quickly!

Happy New Year!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

The recipes resolution sounds very creative. I'd suggest you even upload photos of your creations on your blog or a special cuisine blog for us to drool over.
I haven't given much thought yet about my resolutions and Yikes! I'd better hurry (only a couple of days left).
;-)

Happy New Year WFW! I wish you Health, Peace, Love in 2007!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up on those things a long time ago
All i hope for now is a nice year with no major troubles

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker