Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 26, 2005

Now is the time for all good men (and women) to....

REST!!!!!!!!!!! I'm reclining ALOT today and intend on continuing it through to nightfall. I'm worn out. I do have time to wonder why my hair looks so red here? It must have been something I ate. Too many cranberries? I enjoyed my daddy and stepmom visiting. They left this morning. I never talked to my mother yesterday. I did send her a card. She pretty much threatened me if I sent her a gift. So I didn't. I thought of her though. I refuse to be abused any more. I've tried to overlook and forgive. I can't do anymore. I'm not dwelling on this anymore.

I'm focusing on 2006!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Just stopping by to catch up - glad you said your hair looked red - I could not get past the color of the couch. LOL

Hope that the 2006 is a special one for you.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're right about 2006. I've already been told about an easy way to make a million dollars next year--not that it buys you much anymore.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm coming up out of the hectic too, but only stayed in bed for *part* of the day. Still, it felt pretty darn good. Hope the rest of your holiday is wonderful!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hey WW,
I got your request for the recipe for my wreaths (for next year or maybe make them into shamrocks for St. Paddy's day?) Glad your Christmas was good.

Christmas Wreaths (or shamrocks)

6 cups of cornflakes
1 10 oz pkge of marshmellows
green food coloring
2 sticks of butter
Red hot candies (cinnimon decors)-optional

Melt butter in pot first and spread around. Then add marshmellowd. Melt together over med-low heat then add the cornflakes. Take off heat and add drops of green food coloring until desired shade of green is achieved. Let cool for just a few minutes and spray your hands with pam or oil. Shape mix into wreath shapes and place on wax paper or parchment. Add red hots for holly berry look. Let cool on counter or better yet in the fridge.

Let me know if you have any questions. I think I may make some "shamrocks" this March. (I have a little Irish in me too.)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I'm with you - I'm ready to bid farewell to 2005 and welcome in 2006 with high hopes for wonderful things to come.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time with your dad and stepmom! I hope you have a good week ahead . . . keep good thoughts and don't dwell on the negative things . . .

9:59 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

please stop with the killer pictures - you are hurting us old guys! LOL

10:57 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey WFW I think focusing on the positive is the word for now.I just wanna see ya happy, that's all.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been real busy - for some reason people buy lots of eggs over the holidays. I guess to make eggnog. I had a good talk with the hens and I told them I would make the rooster leave them alone if they promised to kick out another 14 dozen above normal production - they did and I did. Everybody is happy except the rooster. I even gave the hens a little extra feed and did likewise for the rooster. LOL Old Baldy

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker