Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Wearing red but not seeing it.......

It's Christmas Eve!!!!! The anticipation of Christmas used to almost make me sick as a child. No sleep....candy everywhere. I have to say - my parents did a fantastic job of "Santa-ing" me. I was sooo happy. As an adult, I still feel the excitement but not to such a tummy flipping degree.

Being the daughter of a schoolteacher, I grew up wearing the "color of the holiday." Green at St. Pat's Day (yes, I have some Irish blood), pink at Valentine's, and red around Christmas. In business, "they" say red is the power color. Remember "The Donald" with his red tie? Red is a color I either feel like wearing or DON'T. Red can sometimes cheer me up when I'm down or make me merrier! Being a blonde, I have to say - red is a darned good color! I wear alot of red around the holidays. Here's one of my favorite pictures where the paparazzi caught me wearing red .

Think about "seeing red." Doesn't that typically mean being angry? Feeling all burned up? This time of year, I tend to want to forgive, let go of the anger and make amends. I sent a few cards to friends I've had some issues with in the past. I'm hoping that they respond. If they don't, I still feel the peace of extending the olive branch. Life is just too short to hang on to that destructive emotion - anger. I wonder what would happen in everyone in the world - for at least one day on the calendar - could put down their anger and feel peace? For the next two days, I'm going to try to not get angry at anybody. Peace. That's my Christmas, Hanukkah, Holiday wish for all of you out there. Peace be with you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you, WFW. May the peace and love of this holiday envelope your soul and bring you joy!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I consider one of my gifts this Christmas has been getting to 'know' you (if only just a tiny glimpse) through your writings. Your outlook is so uplifting and gives us a chance to pause and reflect on things in our own lives as well.

I hope your friends do respond to your messages, and that bridges can be mended.

May the peace and joy of the Season be all you hope it will be, and so much more. Blessings to you and yours.

8:28 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

Shalom! may the peace of the star in the east, guide you through the maze of holiday traffic to a place where you can rest and say, I love and I am loved, and that is enough.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I sent a couple of those cards, too.

If they don't respond, at least you know you did the right thing.

Plus there could be dozens of reasons that they don't respond, and only ONE of them is that they are still p!$$ed.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Merry Christmas, WFW.

1:48 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Merry Christmas WW!!!!!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like good advice. I haven't been angry at anyone today so far. Just tell me, how long do I have to keep this up?

4:40 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

I made Lasagna. do you want some?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Love the red, it is very becoming. Merry Christmas, Dear. Hope it's a real tummy tickler.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker