Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Don't Cha wish you.......

I've received emails and comments asking for a "Sin City" picture, so here's one taken straight from shooting. And it fits today's entry. A couple of days ago, I heard a few of my JA (Junior Achievement) guys were going to camp out at Best Buy last night for XBox 360s. They're 15-16 year olds. One pair of parents was actually going to spend the night in their van in the parking lot! The other two (one being the "famous" Walt's parents) had plans to make "drivebys" checking in, bringing hot chocolate, etc. I kept waking up thinking about those boys out there. Finally at 4am, I got up and dressed and headed over there. I was really glad I had gone because they were FREEZING. One said, "Ms. WFW, I am sooo cold, if only I could have something hot to drink." I had planned to bring cocoa as I thought Dunkin' Donuts was open all night but turns out they open at 5am. I headed over there and picked up some egg sandwiches and three huge cardboard boxes of hot chocolate and brought them back. They immediately warmed up and urged me to head home. As I was heading home, I had my radio on in the car. This song came on with the lyrics, "Don't Cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't Cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?" OK, so I get in bed, and ALL night I am hearing The Pussycats sing this......LOL.....the fun of involvement with teenagers! Doesn't this picture look like I'm saying -- "DON'T CHA???" Why DON'T CHA have a great Sunday???

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Very sweet and very "cool" of you to bring them hot drinks. Those boys really love their video games.
My late husband and I did something similar for a playstation 2 years ago. He was a grown man but couldn't think of anything else he wanted in the whole world. I sold it after he died but still wish sometimes I had hung onto it. Some of those games were really fun!

6:24 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

I hope we don't find we lose a whole generation of genius to video gaming, but I fear its a real possibility. I had a really bad afternoon. but at least I can read blogs to forget about it for a while.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I wish I would have done it. I offered to camp out at Zellers so we could get our son one. My husband said, "Wow, you would do that." and then I said, "Maybe not." When I realized how cold it is out here and how much snow we have. You are such a good Samaritan going down there and warming them up. That's too cool. Oops I mean hot.

12:01 AM  
Blogger David said...

Oh that is crazy that parents would let their kids do that. Video gaming is claiming so much of our youth and older adults as well. I am not sure that is a good thing. But what I am sure of is that a good person took those kids warm food on a cold morning.

6:43 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

You're a grand lady.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi, I bet that is a sweet memory for you. (Playstation 2 is a cool system.) David, video gaming is here, and I think in measured doses and content it is ok. Sorry about your afternoon :-( Thanks "Joe Cool" and it WAS all good and interesting. Darlene, you would probably be surprised how many in line WERE parents! David, I thought it was pretty crazy too until one of the parents said to me, "I think it's good for them to learn what it takes to get something they want AND they learn the value of being #1, #2 and #3! Security wise - one pair of parents stayed in the parking lot 24/7 and the other two sets "visited." SC, so good to see you, and thank you for the lovely compliment!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

You are a very special lady in so many ways. you my friend asr one of a kind and I so wished we were neighbors and could visit and just spend time together. You have such a special soul I feel as if we just might be Soul Sisters. You take care.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker