Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 09, 2005

Congratulations to Jodi and TGIF!

Congratulations to Jodi on winning Nurse Blog of the Month! Thank you to everyone who reads this blog who voted for her. Congrats again Jodi!

Goodness, is it Friday again? I just love Fridays so much! The anticipation of the weekend is so delicious. I am taking today off from work (the internal stuff) which really means I am "on call" for my customer. Still, I don't have to listen in to some BORING conference calls (take your pick -- there are so many today). I'm in a small, unofficial woman's club, and there are thirteen of us. For the FIRST time ever, we are all going to make it to lunch today! I am so excited! We are having lunch at a historical house with our own private dining room. I love the way they decorate those places. I planned this get together, and even if I do say so myself, I am a great party planner. I'm probably going to do some shopping in the gift shop today too!

Last year, before the windfall, I really didn't have much money to spare. But the these 12 women are all so special to me; I just wanted to give them a little something! I ended up at a local antique market searching around for 12 little remembrances - something tiny. I hit the jackpot when I happened upon a basket of antique handkerchiefs! I went through each one.....they were all so different. I brought the basket and let my friends select one from the group. It was really interesting which one they selected! Of course, I thought they were all beautiful in different ways!

Today I am taking tiny sequined Nutcracker ornaments. They all know that I am very involved in the ballet so they probably won't be surprised. Besides, buying the ornaments from the ballet helped them as the gift shop is a huge fundraising source!

Want to know what we are having for lunch? Yummy chicken salad accompanied by a fruit compote, timbales, cheese straws and french silk pie for dessert! But what I am looking forward to the most is being with all my friends......because isn't that part of what life is all about? Being with those that care about you and loving them back? That's what draws me back here to all of you. I never thought I would feel the affection and closeness to so many of you when I began this blog. I started it to stay "real" in the face of an incredulous, life changing event. What I've ended up with -- it is so much more. It's you.

12 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I hope you have an absolute BLAST with your friends. Somehow I don't think that will be a problem.

Okay what the heck are fruit compote, timbales? What does that have to do with meat and potatoes?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Your lunch sounds divine! Wish I could join you. Instead, I'll be listening in on conference calls all day. Enjoy your day off!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound yummy. The day off sounds quite delicious too! I think it surprises most people that online relationships feel as real as those in our offline lives.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW, what is a timbale? And french silk pie - heck I didn't know the french made silk pie. Seems to me that all they make is trouble for the U.S. Have a great time - it looks like you will anywho. As for me I got to go out and put my mailbox back up. The snow grader operator knocked it down yesterday. Congratulations to Jodi. Old Baldy

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

It does sound yummy!
Have fun with your friends, I have a friend that's in a very similar group and they call themselves WOW. I think it stands for "women of wonder". They meet once a month.
It's a neat thing.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm happy you had a special luncheon with your friends. Amazing how attached we can feel to people we never "met" isn't it?
Super sweet windfall from your grandfather, by the way. Never ask why just smile.
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

5:05 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

tod says: I am off to a birthday celebration - hoping to light one life with my own brand of joy.

9:16 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I'd love to be there! Thanks for writing this and allowing us to be a part of your life too.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Just dropping by to say hello

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice & rare to have 12 friends at the same time rather than over the course of an entire life (if you stretch to include casual acquaintances & so forth)...

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Espero que pueda hacerlo de nuevo a lea los postes otra vez.With Compliments, Evangelina plastic surgery Fort Worth

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what else I like? Ovaltine!Candidly, Ernestina Portland cosmetic surgery

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker