Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Silent Night


I think I have the loveliest readers and feel so blessed that you read my blog. You may have noticed that I am very quiet about religious matters. I happen to celebrate both Chanukah (my stepmother) and Christmas (my whole life). For the record, I consider ALL of us God's children. The Bible says, "In My house, there are many mansions." I interpret that to mean that all good people will go to heaven - not just Christians. But then, those are my beliefs.

Nonetheless, at this beautiful time of year, I reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas. I think about the peacefulness of celebrating a tiny baby's birth and the joy surrounding it. As I was reading the comments from my blog yesterday, I noticed my friend Catherine had commented. For those of you who do not know Catherine, she writes a blog called Everything is Under Control. She is such a brave woman and trying to feel the spirit of the season even with the terrible year she has had. Catherine and her husband, Steve, experienced what must be overwhelming grief when their precious baby Alex was stillborn earlier this year. Please go over and visit her; remember her family and her in your prayers.

Sleep in heavenly peace baby Alex....Sleep in heavenly peace.........

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deepest sympathy to Catherine and her husband. You wrote a very touching piece. I agree all God's children will get to heaven or no one will.

Old Baldy

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebrating both Hannukah & Christmas (as we do) is great--especially for the kids who like to get presents.

11:50 AM  
Blogger David said...

You reached out and touched me - yes Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus and it must be extremely hard on that couple. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I wish you a blessed Christmas this season. Also I pray blessings upon Catherine and Steve in their time of ongoing greif.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

May you be blessed this Christmas for you are a very special lady. In the short time I have been coming here I have found you to be such a caring person always thinking of others and doing what you can for them.

Once again you have shared another special site with us, thank you for doing so. May they be blessed not just during this season but throughtout the year and may you as well.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thank you. You are a very sweet person and I feel lucky to count you as a blogosphere friend.

Thank you to everyone else as well. I can't tell you what it means to us to know that Alex's story will be told to other people. In some small way, it helps his spirit live on.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

May all your stars shine bright and may you know love in your soul this holiday season

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is a lovely description of Christmas. I like to think that it's about a demonstration of what love is, and that God was showing us perfect love by becoming us. We're pretty dense and don't always love each other like we're supposed to. I need a bit more time with Catherine's blog, but my heart goes out to her and to her family, for their loss.

10:26 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

Thank you for the love you show us all. It is a special season of love for all God's children. May the Blessings Be.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Gosh that was really touching.

I'm really sorry, off topic, but I wanted you to know I won! Thanks for voting for me, and getting your wonderful group of friends to do the same, and for reading. It's nice to be acknowledged.
Honored,
~Jodi

11:58 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Jesus celebrated Chanukah. I for one feel that Chanukah is completely consistent with a Godly lifestyle. I think more Christians would celebrate it except for the lack of acceptance of Maccabees.

Think about how The Festival of Lights fits in so well.

In my town there is a neighborhood where folks tour the lights. They are extravagant. Many of the Jewish families have awesome blue, white and silver displays that are breathtaking. I think this is a wonderful time of reflection for Christians. We can explore our Jewish roots.

The Chanukah story is uplifting to all of us.

3:59 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I just visited your friend’s blog. My wife , Echotig, shares her experience. I hope the comment I left was comforting. Thanks for linking your friend.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
allegra free samples what is botox Viewloader crusader paintball kit allegra side effect Business to business cellular phone plans car rental at charleroi airport allegra frederickson washington Epson receipt printer supply Patanol eyedrops

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker