Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 05, 2005

Today is the first day ..........

Enough grieving around for me! I am starting a new chapter in life. Out with the old and in with the new!

I went to the Christmas parade (yes, it was actually called Christmas) on Saturday. My, it was freezing cold. Two of my close friends were organizers, my Junior Achievement kids were involved in it, and of course, Miss Belle, our ballet dancer was too! She was on the front line dancing her Nutcracker piece! How on earth could I have missed it?

Of course, I forgot my gloves. I had on those fleece lined Merrills so my feet were toasty. I was all layered up. But my hands were freezing! It was cloudy, sleeting, but when those bands started playing. I really felt the Christmas/Holiday spirit!

I thought of my biker buddies, Steel Cowboy and Grey Biker, in particular, as Harley riding group rode by with white halos! (Note to myself - I think they were called "Biker Angels" - and to try to find out what they do.)

My friends and I found a Starbuck's and while they were downing coffee, I was sipping hot chocolate. (Yes, I am a wuss and can't drink real coffee. Actually makes me sick!)

On the ride home, I suddenly realized that I had eaten no breakfast at all and stopped in at Subway for a hot ham and cheese -- and a footlong at that. I went home ate half of it and thought - what on EARTH made me think I could eat all this? I was still cold so I found my gloves, put them on (yes, inside)....went upstairs, climbed under the covers with blankets loaded and fell asleep for two hours! I awoke starving (yes again) and remembered that one of my friends' husband was having an open house for her birthday! I dressed quickly, redid my makeup (thanking God it was casual) and rushed over. Gosh, the food was just awesome! The caterer was fantastic. I hung around awhile, socialized and came home and crashed! Sunday was a very lazy day.....Take care all.

Also, another plug for Jodi! A few have written/emailed asking where on the link to vote.....look for the box here that says "Vote for Nurse Blogger of the Month." All of the nominated blogs are (I think) nurses blogs or somehow related to nursing. Jodi is a nursing student. She is doing so great juggling single parenthood and school! She needs to win and win BIG! Plus, we want her to win that cool gift basket!

"Today IS the first day of the BEST of my life." I hope it is for you as well......or at least a GREAT day!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger DBFrank said...

It snowed here over the weekend, so the bike stayed parked :(

Glad you got out and enjoyed yourself!

7:23 AM  
Blogger David said...

I love those kinds of parades - but we don't get them in the big city. Instead we get a tree made up of lights at a huge expense. I would rather have your experience again.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea, starting afresh. I should stop complaining & try it too, but I still have a few things to get off my chest...

9:11 AM  
Blogger carol said...

Hello, I came to visit from cool Joe cowboy poets page. Hmmmmm sounds like winter is here, Christmas parade, hot chocolate, and falling asleep with gloves on, glad you enjoyed your day. many smiles,Carol

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you'd like my coffee. I boil water in a pan and then put the coffee in and cover for about five minutes to let the grounds settle. Deeelicious. I was in a parade once. I never thought we'd get to the end. We walked the whole way - I was a cub scout and our pack or den or whatever it is called - led the parade. I bet you're glad you found your gloves. Myself, I never wear 'em unless it is below 32 degrees. Too much trouble. Can't understand how anyone can play football with gloves on. Kinda sissy from my perspective. Ten of our boys got it - I really feel bad for them and their families. Sorry to end on a bad note. On the other end of the spectrum real happy about your parade experiences. Old Baldy

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you'd like my coffee. I boil water in a pan and then put the coffee in and cover for about five minutes to let the grounds settle. Deeelicious. I was in a parade once. I never thought we'd get to the end. We walked the whole way - I was a cub scout and our pack or den or whatever it is called - led the parade. I bet you're glad you found your gloves. Myself, I never wear 'em unless it is below 32 degrees. Too much trouble. Can't understand how anyone can play football with gloves on. Kinda sissy from my perspective. Ten of our boys got it - I really feel bad for them and their families. Sorry to end on a bad note. On the other end of the spectrum real happy about your parade experiences. Old Baldy

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

It's nice to see you on a happy note. :) I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Lois Lane

2:13 PM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Nice you thought about us. A new year is a good time to throw out the last years bad parts. I plan to do the same.

5:30 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

A wonderful attitude, Windfall Woman!

6:12 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

TOD says - moving about, being with people, seeing the holday throug new eyes, we all need these things. a frriend of mine just moved here, for the next year, I get to experience Big Bear through her eyes again. Very cool. Wishing you all the best.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

:-D
I'm so glad you're feeling better!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker