Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Back.......and Sadness


I made it home safely and more on the trip later. Unfortunately, I received a call about my golden retriever. It was bad news. In a month, his heart is almost in complete failure. In a month, how can a sweet dog's heart rating go to the worst possible from the best? Has he had a heart murmur all his life? I didn't get home in time to get him so I was up and down all night. I begged my vet for an appointment this morning (Sat) and got the bad news. He's basically dying. He is the sweetest dog alive. It's so unfair. He is only eight years old and was diagnosed with epilepsy awhile ago. He takes phenobarbital twice a day. He got so much better when I got my little female Yorkie who played with him. He thinks he is her mother. I am beyond unhappy. I am so sad. I don't remember crying this much since my grandmother died. I took him straight from the vet to a doggie spa appointment and bought two new toys. He likes things with legs and arms. Octopus toys are his favorite. I found a purple one once. I think it was his favorite. My heart hurts like I have his murmur. I am just absolutely brokenhearted. One blessing is that he does not know he's sick. I just can't stop crying. He's more than a dog to me.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

I am so sorry. I understand and wish that I could be comforting, but I am a bit unsure of what to say.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers...

5:48 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

My heart is with you. I can face the death of loved ones pretty well. As a matter of fact, I thought I was unaffected by death because I believe in an afterlife, but when our hamster got crushed, I felt the pain and sobbed. Something I didn't do when my brother or father died. May the blessings be.

-a @ River-Tree Whispers I posted this last one, "HU, Sweet One", for you.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

You can't prevent something so random. I'd just say keep the hope alive because before someone is gone, they're still here.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, thank you. Just saying you are thinking of us is enough. Ardist, I read your poem; it was soothing. Thank you. Ruvym, you are right. I am making every moment with him count. He is supremely happy now.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. My heart goes out to you. I lost a dog that I was close to a while back. I hope it isn't suffering. Prayers for your pet and for you.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point, thank you for your thoughts. He is not suffering now, and I do not intend on letting him suffer one day. Right now the vet says he seems fine, his tongue is pink and he looks happy -- even though he is very sick.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I am new to your site, found you from Monica's. I am so sorry to hear about your little one and I call him a little one for from the tone of your post you view him as your special child just as I view my cat. Once they are with us they are members of our family. Both of you will be very much in my thoughts and very positive ones they will be with prayers as well. Hold tight to him and enjoy all the time you can with him and relish the fact there is no pain at this time and enjoy what you are given.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Oh WW, I do understand. Pets are so much more than just animals; they are family members. I wish you and your golden peace.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms Vickie, thank you for visiting. I am preparing to tiptoe downstairs to give him some extra love. I want his last days/months to be as filled with happiness as possible. MotherGoose, yes, he feels like my baby. I held him the entire day he came to me as he shivered. I think he thinks I'm his mommy. He sure feels like my baby. It's just breaking my heart. Thank heavens he's so comfortable now.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

There's nothing the Vet can do?
I'm so sorry, I've lost 2 pets this year so I think I understand. Losing your loyal pet is very much like losing a family member and a very good friend.My heart goes out to you and him.

2:17 AM  
Blogger David said...

Oh I how understand this. My dog is the world to me too and it is so hard to see her wearing down. She still gives me the let's go play look but she can't do it.

I am so sorry for your pain.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

I had one of mine for 13 years. I know its like losing a best friend and seems all too soon.

8:52 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

wow - have lost dog friends in many ways - but never had a diagnosis that made waiting all you could do. I am so sorry for you. Here is where the windfall is clearly not enough, I am hoping your strength of spirit and Faith in God will hold you when the bottom is dropping out.

12:33 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

from : t o d
the other david

12:34 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I am so sorry. I know how terrible it is to lose a treasured pet.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker