Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Little Engine That Could


Remember this book? It was one of my favorites as a child. I used to repeat "I think I can, I think I can" as a child. Only now as an adult, I use "I KNOW I can." And I KNOW I can have a good time this Thanksgiving. I am going to visualize it like the Little Engine did. You all helped me with your words of wisdom! I am serious. Some of them made me stiffen up my backbone, some my heart, and some just made me laugh hard (LOL....kitchen fire).

The fact is, I am headed up to the mountains with the biggest pan of the BEST banana pudding and Black Russian chocolate cake any 25 people would ever want to eat! How on EARTH can I lose? So what if I have to make stinky broccoli? There's only one thing involved in steaming broccoli! And for anyone who doesn't like Sweet Potato Souffle'? Well, just let them taste my whipped - fluffy, light - seasoned just perfectly with all my secret ingredients! They'll BEG for my recipe (and probably steal IT too!) LOL........I am fortified! I WILL be ready (as soon as I get my jeans ready!)

And work? Yup, I've been working like a DEMON. But I am obviously not the one only. I reached everyone I was trying to reach yesterday! AND, best of all, my customer placed an ORDER yesterday. Thanks to all this activity, I will be finished the year with the one thing that was missing last year - a whole LOT of opportunities loaded in that funnel!

So........Happy Turkey Day all of you!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger David said...

And to you as well. Be safe on the road.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning that classic work by Watty Piper. My youngest daughter and I read it alot but now, I'm afraid, she's too old for it. I personally enjoy family gatherings more now than I used to--perhaps a sign that I too (like my 3-year-old) am getting older.

11:45 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

t o d ( i an changing my name to Tod)
said, we know we can, we know we can, we know we can! Puff puff puff!

I personally am thankful for good people who do good and demonstrate that "love wins, period"
go - and love, because its right to do so.
The other david -- Tod

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

One of my philosophies - life is about contrast. If we never went through difficult times and never have to work hard, we couldn't appreciate when things slow down.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, WW! It sounds amazingly delicious! Not sure which mountains you're heading to, but if it has anything to do with the southern Appalachians (Smokies, etc.) then you're a luck WW in more ways than one. I can't imagine a nicer place to spend the holiday!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, another trick for you is to make sure you head to the bathroom about once an hour at family gatherings. Just a minute or two in a closed room does wonders to rejuvenate a person!!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving. Your food sounds really good. If you run into family problems just let a little of that southern gal charm out. If that dont work try x-lax in the chocolate cake. They'll be too busy to aggravate you.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm glad your spirit is in tact! Have a wonderful time and enjoy that yummy goodness you described so well you caused drool to pour from my lips. ;)
Happy Thanksgiving WFW!
Lois Lane
P.S. Don't forget to bring the matches. ;)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

May you have a most wonderfull and gracious thanksgiving. Save some sweet tater soufle. I love that stuff! Yours certainly sounds great! Glad to see ya in good spirits too!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Argh. On top of all that great food, you get a day off while we work in Canada. I think I'm going to pretend I'm having thanksgiving tomorrow and I'll celebrate with my feet up and my mouth full.

11:06 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

That was my favorite book when I was little. I can still "hear" my mom reading that to me. See, it is all in the attitude!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

12:25 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Happy Thanksgiving!(Even though I don't celebrate it lol). Haha, hearing you talk about the food is getting my hungry (thank goodness it's close to lunch time here =) )

10:35 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I love that book! Happy Thanksgiving!

5:42 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

I just wish the mountains you were "heading up to" were these hyar hills in Southern calif, but alas, it is not to be. I pulled of a very unconventional Thanksgiving day and a decent feast, of which I must now eat left overs, ahh the joys!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

WW,
Hope it went well. Banana pudding and cake? you would have been my favorite relative by far!
God speed you home,
~Jodi

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker