Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Almost gone........but not


I am sorry to keep you guys down. Today, I nearly lost my beloved Balto. The vet had recommended a good teeth cleaning for him to prevent infection. An infection would probably overload his poor overworked heart right now. So, he went into the vet's for cleaning. When they sedated him, his blood pressure began dropping and dropping. He almost died from the anesthesia. They were able to bring him back from being under. Tommorrow he has his EKG. They are not expecting a good report. Even the receptionists were crying because he's so sweet. He is in loving hands and care there. My heart tells me that he is not going to last very long. He has slept since he's been home. My tears are back. I thought I had accepted it but hearing that he almost died today brought the reality back to me. I love my Balto; he truly is a special dog. I am humbled by my love for him.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

He is a beautiful dog. I'm so sorry he and you are going through so much right now.
Lois Lane
P.S. did you get my e-mail?

8:52 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

All my prayers are still with you WW. If you need a shoulder... mine is yours. Hugsssssss

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks like such a sweet dog. I'm sorry you are going through this. We lost our very sweet and wonderful dog over the summer, so I know how you are feeling. It was hard to watch her go downhill.

11:09 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

So sorry.

3:20 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Prayers for you young lady.
There are those who say that dogs are 'just animals'. They say they have no souls.
They are SO wrong. They've never had a dog lick away a tear, or come and sit on your lap when they sense you are sad. They've never had the joy of receiving unconditional love, that comes from a pure heart, a heart that wishes only to please the master.
May God be with you...

7:06 AM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

I sure hope your buddy comes thru ok.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Praying for a miracle for Balto. So sorry for your pain.

8:08 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hugs to you. I feel your pain as I listen to my dog lying beside my chair. She is failing as well.

8:28 AM  
Blogger ardi k said...

Balto may be too far along in his condition, but I would consider researching alternative vet care. Our cat, Miles, was very ill with hyperthyroid disease. We found a natural cat care clinic in the area with a great vet. After changing his diet, using the natural and conventional remedies she recommended/prescribed, Miles is again very healthy, gaining back his weight and has a new, soft coat. Balto deserves the same kind of loving care. Good luck, WW. My heart is with you and Balto. And remember, as soul he knows your love and his will not leave you.
--a

10:42 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

I know how much a family pet can mean, and the impact created when they must depart. I think they probably help prepare us for human tragedy, and constantly teach us the fantastic immediacy of exchange between pet and owner. Many times I think they are more intuitive even than a human, and this delightful mystery results in us becoming more human as well. May the mystery continue with you, beyond life, beyond resignation, beyond to and from, because it is a taste of eternity.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

I'm concerned about you. Are you okay?

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would having a website and marketing community 24/7 waiting to help you,
would you succeed? You betcha!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

�berpr�fen Sie es so heraus auf selbst, und informieren Sie jemand.Compliments, Anh Dallas Breast Augmentation

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker