Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Amazement, Deer and Smoothies


I had to take a little nap early last evening. I worked a special performance at the ballet just for children - field trips, etc. It was BUSY!

I awoke to the news headlines. One of my favorites is "Deer Smashes Through Smoothie Window." LOL... That deer must have WANTED a smoothie pretty darned bad. I had a friend a couple of years ago, and her husband and her bought two of those well known Smoothie franchises. They thought they were going to make a "windfall." What they bought was an extremely seasonal business with hourly workers upping and quitting all the time. And the noise of the ice in those blenders will DEAFEN you. I would rather lose my hearing standing too close to the speakers at an Allman Brothers concert. (which I did for a couple of days but man, was THAT worth it).

I personally HATE smoothies. If I want to take a $10 bill and tear it up on something to drink I would rather do it at Starbuck's. First of all, those smoothies are LOADED with calories. I bought some vitamins from the store - I guess I was on a health kick in there - and they were STALE. Plus, those darned drinks are SO SWEET. I've known more than a couple of people who have thrown up after them.

The deer, lost an antler, had to be tranquilized, will be fine and is on his way to a nature preserve. Which I think HAD to be his intent in the first place. I don't any more think that deer WANTED a smoothie than a man in the moon. He was ready to get out of the rat race (so to speak). He decided a jump through a plate glass window would get him some good anxiety killing drugs and a nice place to stay. I guess sometimes a jump is worth it.

16 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Poor deer. Bet the customers if there were any were surprised. They should have charged admission. Can't say I have had a smoothie in years and years. You are right about the calories...

8:34 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I HATE smoothies.

Poor deer.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW - say I have a granddaughter who loves smoothies so I'm definitely not going to let her read your opinions about them. Is a smoothie always a smoothie. I mean some are real healthy, made with bananas and other fresh fruit. As for me, I like them made with root beer and cashews with whipped cream on top. Old Baldy

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW - say I have a granddaughter who loves smoothies so I'm definitely not going to let her read your opinions about them. Is a smoothie always a smoothie. I mean some are real healthy, made with bananas and other fresh fruit. As for me, I like them made with root beer and cashews with whipped cream on top. Old Baldy

11:28 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

"Glass windows dont kill people, deer
do?"
nope

"You can take my antler when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"
Charlton 'Buck'ston

The only good deer is a smoothie deer!

I am suffering from two days of slate application. Can you tell? TOD

11:49 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

As the Allman Brothers once said, "Eat a Peach."

(Or, by conjecture, DON'T drink a smoothie when you can eat the real thing.)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ick! Smoothies! I'm with you on those. I'm glad the deer is on it's way to a wildlife perserve.

2:43 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I love Deer. I love Smoothies. A deer smootie sounds weird but, I'll try it. You never know. It may be delicious.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'd pretty much freak out if one of those dear animals came smashing through a window. I love iced cappucinos, but I don't think I'd be into smoothies.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Oooh, I just figured it out. Maybe the deer was pissed because he bought a franchise himself, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

A "deer smoothie"??

Would that be "Venison puree"??

I'm game!

(Oh wait I shouldn't say that around you guys...)

8:20 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

If I want a smoothie I can make my own and they taste much better.

Starbucks I can do without as well. I don't drink coffee and I sure as heck ain't payin 5 bucks for one LOL!

Thanks for stopping by... and I am trying to reach steel. I will let you know if he is ok... he just doesn't like this time of year.

Hugssssssssss

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like smoothies, at least the ones I make, but I've never wanted one that bad.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW well all the writing about smoothies got me and the wife thinking about wanting one BUT the weather outside was frightful and the fire was so delightful we decided to do our own thing here at home. Got out the blender which we haven't used since two months after we bought it from Monty Wards (so you know how old it is - I'll bet the Smithsonian would take in their ancient tools exhibit. Anywho, cleared the old relic, put in a banana, cinnamon, an apple, an orange, some ice, and switched her on. Well sir, she ran about 5 mins and then died. We drank it anyway but we decided to call it a "roughie." Do you think we could franchise the concept? Old Baldy

10:27 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

This reminds me of someone who asked me if he can deduct the cost of the Jamba Juice drinks from his taxes as a medical expense. I politely told him no. Hey, I had to give him points for creativity.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:
Hello wfw
just read that i missed your birthday, and as youre 30th
wellwishing blog friendreader
...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID....
with 2 parts amaretto di saronno
one part old whisky,
ILL drink to the year ahead
for ya .
KEEP ON WRITIN.!
----------------------ZARDOZ

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker